Windows 10: What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...

Discus and support What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically, I don't understand what the internet connection sharing does differently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rodrigo407, Apr 10, 2020.

1. What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...

Basically, I don't understand what the internet connection sharing does differently.

:)

Rodrigo407, Apr 10, 2020

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 10, 2020
  3. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Apr 10, 2020
  4. What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...

PPPOE WAN internet sharing as wifi hotspot

Hi,

You may share your internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi by turning your laptop into a mobile hotspot.

Here's how:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch Settings.
    • Go to Network & Internet, then Mobile Hotspot.
    • Choose the internet connection you want to share from the Share my Internet connection
      from field.
    • Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, then click
      Save.
    • Turn ON the Share my Internet connection with other devices option.

After following the steps above, you may now connect your other devices by going to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, finding and selecting the network name, and entering the password.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...

1. What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing... - Similar Threads - difference between creating

2. What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have two Bluetooth devices hooked up; to it; one is "paired" and the other is "connected". What is the difference? Also, why would one device "pair" and the other only "connect"; is there anything wrong; and if there is, how do I fix it?...
  3. What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's the difference between connecting and pairing a Bluetooth device?: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have two Bluetooth devices hooked up; to it; one is "paired" and the other is "connected". What is the difference? Also, why would one device "pair" and the other only "connect"; is there anything wrong; and if there is, how do I fix it?...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  5. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  6. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  8. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection: Hi, I have an strange problem. I can connect HotSpot VPN connection successfully but there is no any Internet on mobile device from my laptop. I have Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134). It was working few days ago, but suddenly it has stopped working without...
  9. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi): Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS. So...
  10. Problems sharing internet with hotspot

Problems sharing internet with hotspot: I've created hosted network with this command NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase then activated it like this netsh wlan start hostednetwork Now i am supposed to share Ethernet internet with this hotspot interface, but there is...