Windows 10: What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

Discus and support What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Disk Management, my computer shows a 'Disk 0' with two partitions, partition 1 and partition 4. It also shows a Disk C: OS. What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Craig Schamel, Aug 14, 2020.

1. What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

In Windows 10 Disk Management, my computer shows a 'Disk 0' with two partitions, partition 1 and partition 4. It also shows a Disk C: OS.

What is the difference between the partitioned Disk 0 and the OS disk?

Notes:

- I do NOT have a disk labeled 'Disk 1'. The answers I have seen to this type of question all refer to a Disk 1, which I do NOT have, at least not labeled as such.

- I have no external drive of any type attached and there is no disk drive in the computer.

:)

Craig Schamel, Aug 14, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 14, 2020
  4. What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

1. What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ? - Similar Threads - Difference Between Disk

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. What's the use of disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the use of disk 0: I've searched for so long but still haven't got an answer, my disk 0 has 1tb unallocated space but I can't use it, I tried to new simple volume it but it was just grey, I know nothing about computers but I'm supposed to have 1tb but only have 118gb usable storage, what's the...
  4. What's the use of disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the use of disk 0: I've searched for so long but still haven't got an answer, my disk 0 has 1tb unallocated space but I can't use it, I tried to new simple volume it but it was just grey, I know nothing about computers but I'm supposed to have 1tb but only have 118gb usable storage, what's the...
  5. What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...: [This question has been answered. Thanks to Carlo. Please Answer 1 more question that is below]My E drive Not a system drive is showing 4.61GB size. But, it's showing 4.62GB size on disk. What's the difference between these? Actually in another drive the difference is 3GB...
  6. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  7. What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:): Is there any way possible for me to switch (C:) to (F:) for downloads. submitted by /u/Thecassandragoth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i91yrh/what_is_the_difference_between_local_disk_c_and/
  8. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  9. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  10. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...