Windows 10: What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on...

Discus and support What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC runs Windows Pro 10 v. 1909. The People App is configured with two email accounts: My Hotmail email address. A Gmail address. I synchronize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael in Paris, Jan 3, 2020.

1. What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on...

My PC runs Windows Pro 10 v. 1909. The People App is configured with two email accounts:

1. My Hotmail email address.
    2. A Gmail address.

I synchronize it with my smartphone running Android 9 without a problem.

I noticed yesterday the following problem: a contact I had added on my PC didn't show on my smartphone in spite of the synch between the devices working fine. I looked at that contact on the PC and it showed that it was recorded in my "Microsoft account", while the other contacts are in my "Hotmail account" and/or Gmail one. But when I look at the parameters of the People app, it just shows two: one labelled Hotmail, the other labelled Gmail. On the other hand, I just noticed that when I am about to add a contact to the People's app, it offers three possible accounts: Microsoft, Hotmail and Gmail.

What is this "Microsoft Account"? I looked in the Parameters of the PC, and it indeed mentions a "Microsoft account". When I click on it, it opens a Web page https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=settings&Platform=Windows10 showing... my Hotmail account. Yet when I look at the contacts of my Hotmail box via the Web, that contact added to the "Microsoft account" doesn't show up.

As far as I can see, both the Hotmail and Microsoft accounts have the same email address, yet they are different. How do I get rid of this problem - moving the contacts that may have entered the People app through the Microsoft account to the Hotmail ones, and stop having this Microsoft account be the default?

Thanks!

:)

Michael in Paris, Jan 3, 2020
  2. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Krazy Owl Win User
    Deleting hotmail accounts?

Hi ! Is there any way even tricky to fully delete older hotmail accounts?

Krazy Owl, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Polarman Win User

What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on...

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on...

1. What is the difference between Hotmail account and Microsoft account in People App on... - Similar Threads - difference between Hotmail

2. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  3. Hotmail account

Hotmail account: I am getting termination notice addressed to user@hotmail. Due to no upgrade? Scam or not. By tapping a blue bar. No microsoft logo. Please inform as it says final notice to termination...
  4. Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?: Is there any diference between windows accounts that are connected to mictosoft, and windows accounts that are not? submitted by /u/Wooden-Fan5324 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvg9eg/is_there_any_difference_between_accounts_with/
  5. Transfer Windows License between my Hotmail account to Office/Microsoft 365 account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows License between my Hotmail account to Office/Microsoft 365 account?: I have 3-4 Windows license attach to my Hotmail account that I had for 20 yrs, I have 2-3 computer at office and home using those license. But recently I realise that while my kids less than 10yrs of age use my home computer they change display settings, and it sync to my...
  6. What is the difference between installing a virus on an administrator account and a...

What is the difference between installing a virus on an administrator account and a...: Suppose there is a virus-containing software that can modify system files if installed on an administrator account. But if I install it on a standard account and UAC requires installation to an administrator account, can it fix the system files? If possible, it is no longer...
  7. different Password for hotmail and One Drive accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    different Password for hotmail and One Drive accounts: Hello - Is there any way possible to change the password for my Outlook/Hotmail email account, but leave the old password for my OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-password-for-hotmail-and-one-drive/853df5ea-7213-4cc8-ae20-d2c87ccb833e"
  8. hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail account: I cannot get into my Hotmail email account on the laptop or pc. I have no problem on my tablet. address and password is correct. Why is this? confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-account/52687057-d6ef-4447-8b31-cb573136143f"
  9. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  10. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...