Windows 10: What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay

Discus and support What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When configuring Keyboard Properties, you will find two settings— Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate. […] This article What is the difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 26, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay

WinClub, Dec 26, 2020

2. Repeat Keys not Working

Hey there,

The repeat keys feature stopped working for my laptop's keyboard after a recent Windows 10 update.

I have tried turning Filter Keys on and off again but it won't do the trick.

I have also tried to update my keyboard driver in Device Manager but it said it is the latest version.

The closest thing I could do to getting my keyboard to the way it was was to turn on filter keys and set it to the shortest amount of delay in the options.

It allows me to repeat keys but at a slower rate than what it normally is.

I have tried adjusting the keyboard repeat delay and rate on the Control Panel but it does not seem to affect the delay on Filter keys.

Is there any way I can get repeat keys to work again?

Laptop: HP Pro Book 450 G4 | Windows 10 Pro | 64-bit

Thanks

Merk Aprecio, Dec 26, 2020
  3. repeat rate

Surface pro windows 10. how do you get the repeat rate for the backspace arrow up down keys back to being really speedy instead of having it repeat every .2 seconds?

PaulPelletier_910, Dec 26, 2020
  4. What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay

Windows 10 Keyboard Repeat Rate/Delay Keeps Changing

I prefer my keyboard repeat rate and delay to be as high as possible. I've always enjoyed immediate response when typing or holding a key.

I'm not sure why this is happening or if there is any correlation in when it occurs, but my keyboard repeat rate and delay keep reducing to a very low level (presumably default settings). But the Keyboard Properties never reflects whatever changes are occurring.

What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay Ow5rg.png

Every time these settings slow down, I'm forced to go back to these settings, and toggle one of the settings lower and then higher so I can Apply those settings. This resolves it, but it eventually returns.

How can I resolve this?

Ryan Foley, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay

1. What is the difference between Key Repeat rate and Repeat delay - Similar Threads - difference between Key

2. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  3. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard repeat delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  6. slow the repeat key rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow the repeat key rate: Slow the key repeat rate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-the-repeat-key-rate/86067f23-16dd-4b05-98aa-e3fa76c91837
  7. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation

Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered atopen session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  8. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered at open session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  9. How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay. These terms are inter-related. When you make active, any text field or an editor and, press and hold a single character key, it will immediately type the [...] This post How to set the...
  10. Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows: How to: Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows How to Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows If your Windows device has a hardware keyboard, you can change the character repeat delay and rate for when you press and hold down a...