Windows 10: What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

Discus and support What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way possible for me to switch (C:) to (F:) for downloads. submitted by /u/Thecassandragoth [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thecassandragoth, Aug 13, 2020.

1. What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

/u/Thecassandragoth, Aug 13, 2020

2. Local Disk F

Yesterday I downloaded the new Window 10 update. I then started getting messages that said my local disk f was almost full, I needed to clean. I open Disk F and it shows that it is empty. I do not understand why I am getting this notice, or where local
    Disk f came from, or how to fix it.

AnneHoskins, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Local Disk F

I have a local disk F pop up in my PC and only have a (C) drive and (D) drive, theres no other USB connected to the PC. When I try to open the F drive there are no files in it, and says I only have 44mb. left of 450mb. "Disk is low" keeps poping up.

JasonCeletti, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

Local Disk D is faster than Local Disk C

Thats a pretty cool story.

looking at the size they also appear to be completely different disks.

Solaris17, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

1. What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:) - Similar Threads - difference between Local

2. Local Disk C full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk C full: 2 weeks ago, my laptop, running Windows 10 22H2, 8GB RAM, had local disk c with just 10GB of free space, out of 300GB. I uninstalled some softwares, three of which notably are huge, more than 60GB disk space MATLAB, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx and Ansys Electromagnetic Suite....
  3. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  4. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  6. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  7. What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?: In Windows 10 Disk Management, my computer shows a 'Disk 0' with two partitions, partition 1 and partition 4. It also shows a Disk C: OS. What is the difference between the partitioned Disk 0 and the OS disk? Notes: - I do NOT have a disk labeled 'Disk 1'. The...
  8. Problem with local disk C:

Problem with local disk C:: Hi guys,I have problem with local disk C:.I wanna defragment him but I did something wrong.Now when I wanna open local disk C: I cant.There is error "acces is deined.I cant run nothing and download.I cant restart computer idk why.I can click 1000 times but there is nothing.If...
  9. Local Disk (F:)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Disk (F:): What is this it has a red bar? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-f/d814ec02-4fcc-4c5e-b32b-a4dc8e6db564
  10. local disk f

local disk f: [img] Hi everyone This has just appeared on my computer, and I cannot delete, can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this. Regards 60557