Windows 10: What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings

Discus and support What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was looking through all the apps in Apps & Features and came across Microsift Office 2019 AND Office i.e. [ATTACH] Why is there a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by surfing69, May 8, 2020.

1. surfing69 Win User

What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings

I was looking through all the apps in Apps & Features and came across Microsift Office 2019 AND Office i.e.

What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings bbc63bcd-8e84-40a4-95ad-037319fd425a?upload=true.png

Why is there a separate entry for Office? What is this?

Can someone shed some light on this?

:)

surfing69, May 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2020
  3. OttoMich Win User
    Jump List problem in MS Office (Windows 10 and Office 2016)

My problem is specific to MS Office and Excel: I cannot move and sort the pinned jump list items in these apps. However the feature of moving jump list items works with different programs like
    File Explorer, Acrobat, Photoshop, PowerPoint.

OttoMich, May 8, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings

MS Office Issues

Hi Ian, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings - Similar Threads - difference between Office

2. MS Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  3. MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  4. MS office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS office: Hi I am getting a message when i open MS excel/word etc. "This account doesnt have office yet"I purchased MS office back in 2017, not the subscription product but i bought it outright.As it was 5 years ago I cannot find my product key. It is saying that i need to buy a...
  5. MS office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS office: Hi I am getting a message when i open MS excel/word etc. "This account doesnt have office yet"I purchased MS office back in 2017, not the subscription product but i bought it outright.As it was 5 years ago I cannot find my product key. It is saying that i need to buy a...
  6. Different MS account for Windows and Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different MS account for Windows and Office?: Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account? 182157
  7. What is the difference between features and capabilities?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between features and capabilities?: Is there a clear definition of package, feature and capabilities? My understanding is; Packages are file or group of files which is used to install a software App, driver?, feature, services, patches, update, on demand feature, anymore? into the OS. Features are...
  8. MS Office 365 and MS Office online.

MS Office 365 and MS Office online.: Are there any advantages to using MS Office online, if you have a 365 account. Besides the 1TB of space. Gort 142047
  9. MS Office

MS Office: I an thinking about buying a Microsoft office home and student or a Office professional. What is the difference between the home and student and the professional? Thanks, Frank 129227
  10. What’s new in Office Online—featuring Insights for Office

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Office Online—featuring Insights for Office: The Office Online team has been busy adding integration across Microsoft Cloud services and extending the capabilities of what you can do with Office in your favorite browser. A number of powerful features have either been rolled out recently or are beginning to roll out now....