Windows 10: What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

Discus and support What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by h_e_day, Mar 19, 2024.

1. h_e_day Win User

What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer reinstalled because of Microsoft Bitlocker. You guys really should be checking people have consented to get their devices encrypted with a code that is not available to the owner of the data.

:)

h_e_day, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Mar 19, 2024
  4. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

1. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker? - Similar Threads - difference between ransomware

2. Bitlocker: What's the difference between Password and Recovery Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker: What's the difference between Password and Recovery Key?: Today, I installed Windows 11 using a new disk. My disk has a partition for data. I had turned the BItlocker on it off. When I turned it on again, it asked me for a password or smart card to unlock the drive. I entered a password. Now I see both Password and Recovery Key in...
  3. Bitlocker: What's the difference between Password and Recovery Key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker: What's the difference between Password and Recovery Key?: Today, I installed Windows 11 using a new disk. My disk has a partition for data. I had turned the BItlocker on it off. When I turned it on again, it asked me for a password or smart card to unlock the drive. I entered a password. Now I see both Password and Recovery Key in...
  4. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  5. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  6. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  7. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  8. What Is The Difference Between W.D. and The M.D. Antiviruses By Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Is The Difference Between W.D. and The M.D. Antiviruses By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I had found no difference between Windows 10 antivirus and or the Windows 11 antivirus by Microsoft, as they both had an over 98% to 100% in having an undetection rate/s and allowed most/all dangerous file/s to get downloaded and installed and...
  9. What’s the difference between an enhanced PIN and a password for BitLocker? Can passwords...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between an enhanced PIN and a password for BitLocker? Can passwords...: I was originally planning on using an enhanced PIN + TPM when booting, but since enhanced PINs can't be more than 20 characters I'm thinking of using a password instead. What's confusing me though is whether or not a password can also be used in conjunction with TPM, or if...
  10. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...