Windows 10: What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false?

Discus and support What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Only in Windows 10, Shutdown will not help with the "minor problems" as the "bad information" that is causing the problem is retained by the kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by b6431, Jan 11, 2019.

1. b6431 Win User

What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false?

Only in Windows 10, Shutdown will not help with the "minor problems" as the "bad information" that is causing the problem is retained by the kernel during Shutdown. The bad information is retained in the kernel until the next restart. Because of this, you have the same configuration "problem" when you power up again. This is only in Windows 10 to accommodate their "fast start" feature. In every other version of Windows Shutdown or Restart accomplish the same thing other than Shutdown allows for a drain of electrons, 30 seconds to five minutes is fine.

:)

b6431, Jan 11, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false? :confused:*Mad What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jan 11, 2019
  3. CRYSIS Demo....True Or False ?

3 Days now what seems to be a Demo of CRYSIS has emerged on the internet....
    True Or False ? I cant say since half of the people that have dl it say its true, and half arent able to Dl it at all so to them its false...
    So far the torrent still exists but all the relative discussions have been deleted by forum Admins......All that over a false demo.........? Even if it was true i didnt know that Demos are illegal *Wink What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false? ;)
    Im still dl it so if its true ill share it *Smile What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false? :)

HellasVagabond, Jan 11, 2019
  4. zamfiro Win User

What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false?

Is that True or False ?

I recieved a message from e-mail told me that the nokia can Detect Radar on the road

Nokia Speed Trap Detector

The settings for radar speed traps detector.

Your Nokia cell phone can be programmed to pick

up radar speed traps, when programmed your cell

phone picks up the radar and alerts you on the

message alert tone. ( Doesn't work with Nokia

7110! )

1. Enter your menu

2. Select settings

3. Select security settings

4. Select closed user group

5. Select on

6. Enter 00000

7. Press ok

8. Clear back to normal, within a few seconds

your phone will display a radar sign with five

zero's next to it. It is now activated.

Unfortunately only Nokia phones have this

function. Cell info display needs to be de-

activated. Settings -> Phone Settings -> Cell

Info display

Each time you turn off your phone, or even each

time you loose contact with your carrier, you'll

have to activate it again... It is done by steps

1 through 5, but the number (00000) will be

already on the field as default.

Is that True or False ?

zamfiro, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. What is the difference between Restart and Shut Down. Is the statement below true or false? - Similar Threads - difference between Restart

2. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  3. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  4. True Or False

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    True Or False: Hi Folks, from my short experience using Windows 10, it looks to me that my PC is changing my settings after a restart. Example one, everytime I get rid of the shadows under the desktop icons, they reappear when I restart my laptop. There are other items but will try this one...
  5. Extra space below Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down, and Restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extra space below Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down, and Restart?: https://i.imgur.com/hDcAOOz.png Has anyone ever seen this before? There's like an extra space below restart almost like there would be another entry but it's blank. After a while it will go away but it always comes back. Does anyone know the cause of this? Small yet...
  6. What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?: When I receive an order to stop what I am doing and MS force an update, it gives me the option to Restart or Shutdown." Is there any difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-and/fa211af9-a13d-43da-9f8d-a5d2973a5c77
  7. What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is: What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is very confusing. I couldn’t figure out the difference between CPU, Cores and socket. Which is contained in which? Is the total speed in 2.2GHz for each Cores? How does the number of CPUs affect the speeds?...
  8. What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is: What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is very confusing. I couldn’t figure out the difference between CPU, Cores and socket. Which is contained in which? Is the total speed in 2.2GHz for each Cores? How does the number of CPUs affect the speeds?...
  9. True or false information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    True or false information: why would I get an email from Microsoft asking me to reset my password. How do I know if it's a scam or not, as I get dodgy phone calls from unknown numbers telling me I have a problem....
  10. What does: True /False mean when removing apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does: True /False mean when removing apps?: This is what i usually see (screenshot) or i just get the True/False that keeps going down the page with no end in sight . Thanks 20953