Windows 10: What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

Discus and support What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, there are two folders in C:\Windows called System32 and SysWOW64, and when i opened the folders they looked exactly the same. They even had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinPlayz, Jan 19, 2021.

1. What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

So, there are two folders in C:\Windows called System32 and SysWOW64, and when i opened the folders they looked exactly the same. They even had the same copy of files like Command Prompt and Task Manager. Is there a difference in the files of these folders? Is one like a backup for another? Some insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64? 0e8faece-7924-44db-8422-f5dfdd88fae5?upload=true.png

:)

KevinPlayz, Jan 19, 2021

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jan 19, 2021
  3. WmiPrvSE.exe 32 bit in SysWOW64 and 64 bit in System32

Trying to check WmiPrvSe.exe because it shows an exception in Controlled Folder. Ran Sigcheck on both paths (SysWOW64 and System32) and it shows 64 bit in System32 and 32 bit in SysWOW64 ??

What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64? 92948446-8cc3-4a75-907a-c593fc2d6a49?upload=true.jpg

DMcCammish, Jan 19, 2021
  4. KerryNash Win User

What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

C:\Windows\SysWow64

Thanks for the response Dave. I ran the program and thought I was lucky when I found the Adobe Flash updater linked to that. I unchecked it and thought just to be safe, I'd keep looking down the list only to find many, many more including many what looked
    like system files along with others. There are these that are checked also.

_Wow64 File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64.dll

_Wow64cpu File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64cpu.dll

_Wow64win File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64win.dll

_wowarmhw File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wowarmhw.dll

_wowarmhw File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wowarmhw.dll

There is one like this that looks valid- _Wow64cpu c:\windows\syswow64\wow64cpu.dll

With all of the ones I found, I hesitate to disable them without knowing what I'm doing. If an entry says "file not found" and is active, would it be safe to disable those?

Thanks

KerryNash, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

1. What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64? - Similar Threads - difference between System32

2. What is the difference between ram and motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ram and motherboard?: TitleThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-ram-and-motherboard/536b9087-5733-4791-ab30-1e291588fc50
  3. What is the difference between ram and motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between ram and motherboard?: TitleThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-ram-and-motherboard/536b9087-5733-4791-ab30-1e291588fc50
  4. What is the different between these kind of systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the different between these kind of systems?: What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7? I don't understand! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-different-between-these-kind-of/43967793-48e3-4f9d-81fc-1f9d43e5a30a
  5. what is the difference between these 2 examples

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between these 2 examples: whea_uncorrectable_error bsod is an indication of a hardware problem take for example these 2 people who got that bsod:- 1) person aaa - aaa is getting that bsod multiple times in the same day and it can happen randomly when the pc is being used, when it's being shut down,...
  6. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  7. What is the difference between features and capabilities?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between features and capabilities?: Is there a clear definition of package, feature and capabilities? My understanding is; Packages are file or group of files which is used to install a software App, driver?, feature, services, patches, update, on demand feature, anymore? into the OS. Features are...
  8. What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?: When I receive an order to stop what I am doing and MS force an update, it gives me the option to Restart or Shutdown." Is there any difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-and/fa211af9-a13d-43da-9f8d-a5d2973a5c77
  9. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between a factory reset and...: What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks 132232
  10. Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you been using Windows OS for some time, I am sure you must have seen this System32 folder. However, If you are on a 64-bit PC, you must have noticed that there are two folders in your C:\Windows directory. The first [...] This post Difference between...