Windows 10: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

Discus and support what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robertnajarian, Nov 2, 2019.

1. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

:)

robertnajarian, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

I knew that but forgot to put it in my post, I've amended it now. So apart from a very minor difference in "full screen" where you don't have the small taskbar, and those listed above. There is no other difference?

I'm just wondering why they bothered with tablet mode at all. Seems as if you may as well stay in desktop mode and launch the tablet friendly modern apps from the start menu.

KingofEndgame, Nov 2, 2019
  4. May-- Win User

Windows 10: Tablet mode vs desktop mode applicatoins behave differently

I use a legacy application that is based on .net framework 3.5 and sql server compact 3.5. I also have office 2002 installed on some computers and Office 2016 on others. The legacy applications (Office 2002 and the first mentioned) launch properly when
    I am in desktop mode. They fully launch whether I use the desktop icon, the taskbar icon, or from the application list. If I switch to tablet mode and launch these applications by clicking on the tile the applications either hang or when I hover over the
    application icon in the taskbar it appears to be fully open, when I click on it in from the task view button, it will seem to be available to use then I click within a cell, the document or click on a table and it will flash and then the start menu takes over
    the screen. MS Office 2002 can launch with a few quirks in tablet mode if I click on the taskbar icon. However the other legacy app cannot launch from the taskbar in tablet mode. Office 2016 does not exhibit this behavior. I can launch these applications
    in desktop mode and then switch to tablet mode and they run correctly. What is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode when launching an application? What would cause this difference in behavior?

May--, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode - Similar Threads - difference between tablet

2. Different mode on separate display (One desktop mode, another tablet mode)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different mode on separate display (One desktop mode, another tablet mode): Is it possible to have one display with desktop mode and the second display with tablet mode? I just upgraded my laptop to Asus Zenbook Duo, which have 2 displays in one device. However, the primary bigger display doesn't have touch screen, whereas the secondary display is...
  3. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  4. WHAT ARE THE REAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NORMAL SLEEP MODE AND DEEP SLEEP MODE IN WINDOWS...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WHAT ARE THE REAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NORMAL SLEEP MODE AND DEEP SLEEP MODE IN WINDOWS...: Can anyone explain the real differences between normal sleep mode and deep sleep mode . Till now in power options only normal sleep mode options are available . answers from own experienced Windows users are welcome...
  5. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  6. Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.: I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start up menu and items showing that i had saved to desktop. I figured out how to get taskbar items back....
  7. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...
  8. Access desktop in Tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Access desktop in Tablet mode?: I am upgrading from 8 on a PC I used as a media center. The metro start screen was great for using on a TV. In Windows 10 however it seems the only way to have this be the default boot screen is to enable "Tablet Mode". I am fine with this however when in Tablet Mode it seems...
  9. Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

in Windows 10 Support
    Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..: Hi I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5). I would like to be able to make the default mode for my children's account 'tablet mode' (to make it as simple as possible for them to use and access key apps) while...
  10. Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode: [img] One of the new additions to Windows 10 is how the OS handles tablets and desktops. In Windows 8, you were in either the modern environment or using the desktop, but with Windows 10, these two environments are blended together to create a seamless experience. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between the desktop and tablet mode

2. difference tablet mode windows mode

3. what is the difference between desktop mode and tablet mode

4. what is the difference in tablet mode,
  5. what are the differences between tablet mode and desktop windows 10