Windows 10: What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

Discus and support What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the File explorer there is the Favorite folder. I can add folder links there to access tem after. The bad thing about it is that I can not unfold it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulE, Apr 21, 2019.

1. PaulE Win User

What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

In the File explorer there is the Favorite folder.
    I can add folder links there to access tem after. The bad thing about it is that I can not unfold it to directyl access targets inside.
    so every time I need to access one of my favorites I have to first navigate to the favorites and than to the target folder.
    Further if there is a lot of content in the explorer navigation bar - the favorites are not pinned - so I first have to scroll to the top, so o fast access to the favorites the second way.

Additionally there is something like Quick access.
    But I don't know how to use this - I can pin folders to the quick access - but they do not show up anywhere.
    Should they?

:)

PaulE, Apr 21, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Apr 21, 2019
  4. What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access?

1. What is the difference between the Favorites and the Quick Access? - Similar Threads - difference between Favorites

2. What is the different between these kind of systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the different between these kind of systems?: What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7? I don't understand! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-different-between-these-kind-of/43967793-48e3-4f9d-81fc-1f9d43e5a30a
  3. Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted: Windows 10 21H1Ill play a game, and when i load the game, Windows Will Suddenly DELETE my Favorites Folders... ALL of themwhen i goto the folder C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinationsIts empty, where once i had 15 destinations,...
  4. What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?: So, there are two folders in C:\Windows called System32 and SysWOW64, and when i opened the folders they looked exactly the same. They even had the same copy of files like Command Prompt and Task Manager. Is there a difference in the files of these folders? Is one like a...
  5. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  6. What is the difference between features and capabilities?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between features and capabilities?: Is there a clear definition of package, feature and capabilities? My understanding is; Packages are file or group of files which is used to install a software App, driver?, feature, services, patches, update, on demand feature, anymore? into the OS. Features are...
  7. Difference between Format and quick format

Difference between Format and quick format: Question: Does selecting format, not Quick Format, write over the drive with some algorithms or just the FAT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-format-and-quick-format/6de9cae2-54e1-4556-9a96-499db743641a
  8. What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?

What is the difference between Shutdown and Restart?: When I receive an order to stop what I am doing and MS force an update, it gives me the option to Restart or Shutdown." Is there any difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-shutdown-and/fa211af9-a13d-43da-9f8d-a5d2973a5c77
  9. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between a factory reset and...: What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks 132232
  10. Quick Access looks different.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access looks different.: My original quick access does not look like this, I tried to clear my recent searches and restore default but it didn't change. Hope you might help. [img] 82263

Users found this page by searching for:

1. favorites versus quick access