Windows 10: What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

Discus and support What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do we need third party antivirus?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tejaskulkarni, Dec 4, 2022.

1. What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

Do we need third party antivirus?

:)

tejaskulkarni, Dec 4, 2022

2. Suggest me best total security/antivirus for windows 7

heard much about microsoft security essentials.

is it total security? [antivirus,antispam-firewall-realtime protection)?

freebird_9924, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    antivirus

Windows comes with in-built Windows Defender Antivirus.

You might want to read:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4099151/windows-security-help

especially:
    Stay protected with Windows Security

Also see:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4466972/windows-10-antivirus-and-antimalware-software-faq

Whether you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus or a third party product depends on your personal preferences.

No matter on what you decide, you might want to download and run occasional scans with on-demand scanners...

Suggest reading all of
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially:

Ṣmeed, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Bo$$ Win User

What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

Suggest me best total security/antivirus for windows 7

free: Microsoft security essentials
    Paid: kaspersky antivirus/internet security, Well worth the money. havent had a virus for 8 months using it on 4 pcs

Bo$$, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

1. What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -... - Similar Threads - difference between third

2. Why is Antimalware Service Executable running with third-party antivirus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Antimalware Service Executable running with third-party antivirus?: Hello, I recently installed Avast on my PC, and the service "antimalware service executable" is still running. Is it supposed to still run with another antivirus installed? I am also getting security intelligence updates for windows defender when I update my PC. I already...
  3. What Is The Difference Between W.D. and The M.D. Antiviruses By Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Is The Difference Between W.D. and The M.D. Antiviruses By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I had found no difference between Windows 10 antivirus and or the Windows 11 antivirus by Microsoft, as they both had an over 98% to 100% in having an undetection rate/s and allowed most/all dangerous file/s to get downloaded and installed and...
  4. Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-: My question is that I've been using this app called FL studios, Frooty loops, and its music and it's not working because of the Controlled folder access but when I got to Antivirus protection on the 'controlled Folder access' it doesn't show because I have a "third party...
  5. Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Controlled folder access and third-party antivirus things-: My question is that I've been using this app called FL studios, Frooty loops, and its music and it's not working because of the Controlled folder access but when I got to Antivirus protection on the 'controlled Folder access' it doesn't show because I have a "third party...
  6. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  7. Third party antivirus software become ineffective recently.

Third party antivirus software become ineffective recently.: I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, free version, & SuperAntiSpyware, free version, for ten years. They run on demand only since they are free versions. My habit is : Turn my PC on, and then run SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes every morning. This clears up all...
  8. Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:

Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:: If I download a 3rd party antivirus, Microsoft Defender turns itself off. How long can it remain in the off disabled mode before the software becomes outdated/corrupt and will not come back on if or when I uninstall the 3rd party antivirus? Can you leave it disabled for 6...
  9. Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus: Hi I have a problem with Windows Security, it doesn't working. I have NOD32 antivirus installed on my pc and everything worked great till now. I didn't do anything special with the pc, only restarts the pc and the issue started. At the beginning the pc run into safe mode...
  10. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...