Windows 10: What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?

Discus and support What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello In Windows10, what is the easiest way to change the case of existing text that I have selected? For some time now I have used Ditto as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Sep 6, 2016.

1. ship69 Win User

What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ?

Hello

In Windows10, what is the easiest way to change the case of existing text that I have selected?

For some time now I have used Ditto as a paste buffer and which a brilliant way of giving you a chose of recent things you have copied. You CAN change the case too but it involves too many steps:

1. Contol+C (to copy)
    2. Control+' (to open Ditto)
    3. Move mouse to latest entry
    4. Right click
    5. Move mouse to 4th menu item "Paste special"
    6. Click on upper case

==> i.e. It's so complicated that for anything remotely short it's very much easier just to re-type the text!

Mostly I want to change text between "UPPER CASE" and "lower case". But sometimes I need "Title Case" and occasionally "One needs sentence case."

With thanks

J

:)

ship69, Sep 6, 2016

2. what is the easiest way to have my computer start up with out entering a password or pin?

It very much depends on which version of Windows you are using.

In Windows 7-Windows 8.1 it was easy.

In Windows 10 (if you upgraded your device from an earlier version...one of those I just listed) it was still easy provided you didn't do a "Clean Install".

In Windows 10, generally speaking you have to identify yourself via your Microsoft Account in order to be automatically signed in to all Microsoft's Services. Mail, the Microsoft Store, etc.

If you prefer to use what is called a "local account" to log into your computer you can avoid using a Password or Pin but will need to enter your Password every time you want to access a Microsoft Service (as listed above and including a whole bunch I didn't
    list).

So most of us think it is easier and much simpler just to use the PIN.

But suit yourself.

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    What is the best \ easiest way to move from windows 7 to windows 8 phone

Sign into your new phone with the same Microsoft account you used as the other phone. Your contacts and calendar will come back automatically.

Use the
    purchase history
    page to download your apps to your new phone.

Entegy, Sep 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

In Word etc, SHIFT + F3 cycles thru all lower, upper, 1st only upper.

Depends on your context.

dalchina, Sep 6, 2016
  5. ship69 Win User
    In truth I am looking for all contexts! My paste manager thing Ditto for example works everywhere.... *Smile

OK for example try managing text in web applications running on any of my browsers (I use all the major ones all the time.)

J

ship69, Sep 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    As I say, it depends on the program you're using as to what it supports and what hotkeys etc it responds to. Your keypresses are processed by a certain piece of software at any one time.

Somewhere there may be a covenient freeware program that might, say, allow you to select text, press a certain key, then the text is processed by the program so you can manipulate it in that program, then replaced in the original context.

As an example, I use a freeware program that, when you type or select a character, pressing a function key repeatedly cycles through one of many possible sets of accents for that character. (E.g. Norwegian, Chinese pinyin, French...) That works in pretty much any context.

See discussion (old) here:
    Any freeware to change the case (capitalization) of clipboard text on the fly? - DonationCoder.com

The tiny program at the bottom actually allows you to select text, rt click its tray icon, then change the case in various ways.

With a bit of work, that Autohotkey script could be written to respond to a hot key and cycle selected text through those options.

===============================
    This script (below) pretty much works.
    Select text, press ALT + u to cycle thu e.g.

Hello HELLO hello

and a popup displays the changed text.
    Release ALT to save what's in the popup.

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/7...ow-im-stumped/
    See 4th example.

To run this, install Autohotkey (free).
    Cut and paste the script into Casechange.txt, rename it to Casechange.ahk
    Double click on Casechange.ahk

Select some text in Wordpad (e.g.) and try Alt + u.

For me this interacts with a program called Listary which also monitors the clipboard.

Note: this is not 'finished' programming and there are more links.

dalchina, Sep 6, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Here's a program that works. I've compiled this from one of the scripts posted there, so its an exe file (inside the zip). Just run it.

Then launch Notepad. type (e.g.)
    it really works

Select 'it really works'
    Then press ALTGr and m, and press m again to cycle thru the options.
    Release ALTGr to have the text in the popup replace that in Notepad.
    (AltGr = right Alt).

I've adapted the keys to avoid conflict with another program.

Case change.zip

dalchina, Sep 6, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

ship69 doesn't want a file rename tool. He want sthg that works in a browser, Wordpad, Office, anywhere you type text.

What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ? [​IMG]

What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ? [​IMG]

and of course 'Hello'.

Works for sentences too.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the easiest way to change the CASE of existing text ? - Similar Threads - easiest change CASE

2. Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?: I am using windows 11 and want to use google/android apps on the PC without having any third party involved. how is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-easiest-way-to-use-google-apps-on/05461b07-d96c-48e9-a0b7-cb30a3c7c9cb
  3. Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the easiest way to use google apps on windows 11?: I am using windows 11 and want to use google/android apps on the PC without having any third party involved. how is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-easiest-way-to-use-google-apps-on/05461b07-d96c-48e9-a0b7-cb30a3c7c9cb
  4. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  5. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  6. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Easiest way to reinstall window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  8. What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the easiest way of intentionally corrupting / deleting system32?: This is in a vm for testing purposes. submitted by /u/Blainezab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffz525/whats_the_easiest_way_of_intentionally_corrupting/
  9. What's The Easiest Way to upgrade Windows 'C' Drive??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's The Easiest Way to upgrade Windows 'C' Drive??: I have a measly 500Gb SSD 'C' Drive (Desktop PC), which has W10 on it and other general stuff. It's getting full. I just purchased a new 1Tb SSD. What's the easiest most painless way of swapping out the OS onto this new larger SSD?? I do have a backup of W10 current build on...
  10. Random text case changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random text case changes: I have a user that experiences the text case changing from upper to lower case, and vice versa, seemingly at random. It is a Win 10 Pro machine with the latest updates. I have changed the keyboard to nil effect and checked the advanced keyboard settings for anything out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TEXT CASE CHANGE IN WIN 10