Windows 10: What is the easy way to block websites???

Discus and support What is the easy way to block websites??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a few websites, that haunt me... As soon I SEEM to block them, they reappear and are able to popup covering my abilities on the taskbar or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by williamwhipp, Dec 14, 2020.

1. What is the easy way to block websites???

I have a few websites, that haunt me... As soon I SEEM to block them, they reappear and are able to popup covering my abilities on the taskbar or status bars. I often don't notice and enable and activate them, allowing them to open up and further hurt my computer and my mind. It is so stupid and endless.

Can someone please help me?? I am having trouble using the "Host" method... and I don't want to use another tool to download ... the instructions are unbearably endless. Never mind that it makes me furious I do this knowing the user/website employs a staff to assemble another virus that will inevitably undo my most recent google or internet searched blocking-method to prevent these damned and annoying websites.

Good Grief...

please help...

billy

aka whipper

And any advice on the DAA re. Adchoices would be helpful too...

meaning can I stop them too?

my cookies are also endlessly turning my mind as well my laptop into crumble jumble....

lol

b

:)

williamwhipp, Dec 14, 2020
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

What is the easy way to block websites??? [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Dec 14, 2020
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Dec 14, 2020
  4. copiman Win User

What is the easy way to block websites???

How to Block Websites

Wow, what a long list. Well, it is what it is. I did however find a free software to block websites just a few minutes ago and it works. A friend ask me to find a way to block facebook on a pc in her office. The user spends way too much time on facebook. Hope the user does not have admin rights. Anyway, here is the software I found.

Simple Website Blocker - Free Tool to Block or Unblock any Website on Windows |

The free version is located on the bottom of the site. Just scroll down.

Thanks everyone for helping me with this. I'm a student about to graduate in computers and networks and you have taught me stuff I did not know. Thank you.

copiman, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

What is the easy way to block websites???

1. What is the easy way to block websites??? - Similar Threads - easy block websites

2. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self: For example I do not want Http:www.Facebook.com BlockedBut I do want let’s say for example https://m.facebook.com/100064595687782/Blocked Oh and by a password so someone isn’t able to just undue itHow could I do this?????!!!!!...
  3. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self: For example I do not want Http:www.Facebook.com BlockedBut I do want let’s say for example https://m.facebook.com/100064595687782/Blocked Oh and by a password so someone isn’t able to just undue itHow could I do this?????!!!!!...
  4. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url: Hi i need a parent control or just blocking websites application that requires admin rights or password in order to edit the url websites added, I have a tendency of going to websites of religious as a lgbtq activist that is just not healty for me so i need a way to basically...
  6. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url: Hi i need a parent control or just blocking websites application that requires admin rights or password in order to edit the url websites added, I have a tendency of going to websites of religious as a lgbtq activist that is just not healty for me so i need a way to basically...
  7. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  9. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  10. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...