Windows 10: What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10?

Discus and support What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SharonThomas_663, Apr 24, 2019.

1. What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10?

What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10?

:)

SharonThomas_663, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro was aborted

Hi E.S. Bustillo,

Errors when trying to upgrade Windows are usually occurring due to some damaged system files or broken Windows Update components. To address this concern, we suggest that you follow steps provided in these links:

If additional help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Apr 24, 2019
  4. What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10?

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10?

1. What is the error 0x81000101 when upgrading from Home 10 to Pro 10? - Similar Threads - error 0x81000101 upgrading

2. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  3. Activation error when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Activation error when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I had Windows 10 Home and I bought an upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store app. After installing the upgrade, the Activation page under Settings says that I have Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Pro. It says that Windows is not activated because the product key is not...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro Error

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro Error: Hi When I upgrade from Home to Pro, it takes in the key and says when the progress percentage reaches 100 the system will restart. After 100 percent it throws error and with some random error code. Then I manually restarted the PC then it says we're adding some features,...
  5. Error code 0x800f0904 when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Error code 0x800f0904 when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I purchased Windows 10 Pro to upgrade from the Home edition from the Microsoft Store. When my computer is preparing for the upgrade, at about 75% I get the the message Windows upgrade failed: Error code 0x800f0904. I have tried multiple times, restarted many times, made...
  6. Error upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: 1 week ago I bought ms office and windows 10 pro. I tried to upgrade but I get the error 0xc004f050. I tried with different key but nothing. How to fix it? submitted by /u/hfjim [link] [comments]...
  7. Upgrading from 10 Home to 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 10 Home to 10 Pro: I purchased the upgrade from Home to Pro, and installed it, but in settings, it still says Home. I cannot locate the product key to activate Pro in my laptop. I am having trouble installing new updates, as well. They are as follows: KB4497165 KB4556799 KB4552931 Any...
  8. Problem when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to PRo

Problem when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to PRo: Hi, I bought a HP notebook preinstalled with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. TO upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, I bought a Windows 10 Pro oem license incl. CD - original Microsoft. But when updating the Product Key, I get an error: 0x004f050 What do I need to do?...
  9. What's the easiest way to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro?

What's the easiest way to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro?: I have Windows 10 Home and I['ve just bought a Windows 10 Pro license key. What's the easiest way for me to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without losing my files and settings etc? Thanks...
  10. How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?: Is this something complicated with some risk? Are these 10 Pro licenses any good, sold on Ebay? 124963