Windows 10: What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star

Discus and support What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; build: 19042.867 What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer? Is it that easy? It has a big yellow star on the folder icon, so it must be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larrytruesdell, Mar 29, 2021.

1. What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star

build: 19042.867

What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer? Is it that easy? It has a big yellow star on the folder icon, so it must be something special. Do you keep your favorite files, apps or links or anything in it? I have searched for an answer but there is nothing specific as to what its for!

:)

larrytruesdell, Mar 29, 2021

2. internet explorer favorites

Hi,

We need to do further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Have you recently made any change/updates before this issue happened? We can also try to export and import the favorites files. Follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer and click the Favorites
      button (Star icon).
    • Click on Add to favorites
      drop down arrow and select Import and export.
    • Select Export to a file and click Next.
    • Select Favorites and click Next.
    • Highlight the Favorites folder and click Next.
    • Click Export. (Use the default directory provided "Documents")
    • Open File Explorer and navigate to
      This PC
      > Local Disk (CWhat is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star :) > Users >
      "Your user" >
      Favorites.
    • Delete all the items inside the Favorites.
    • Go back to Internet Explorer and do the steps 1 to 2.
    • Select Import from a file
      and click Next.
    • Select Favorites and click Next.
    • The default directory should be listed, select Next.
    • Highlight the Favorites folder and click Import.
    Check if you have the favorites back in the file menu.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 29, 2021
  3. favorite folders there, sites are gone

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to the favorites folder created within the Internet Explorer.

If you lose the favorites saved within the Internet Explorer
    and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you are able to locate the favorites that has been missing from Internet Explorer.

• Click This PC.
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Click on Favorites and check if the missing favorites are there.
    If you are able to locate the missing favorites, I suggest you to create a backup and try to import the favorites.

Refer to the section Import Favorites, from the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope the information provided was helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 29, 2021
  4. What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star

I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star

1. What is the Favorites folder for in File explorer. The one with a star - Similar Threads - Favorites folder File

2. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?: I can't add more. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited? It cannot exceed 50. I'd like to add more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-number-of-folder-favorites-in-windows/eb71470f-df14-43d4-9286-eb75ab7993e9
  3. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited?: I can't add more. Is the number of folder favorites in Windows Explorer limited? It cannot exceed 50. I'd like to add more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-number-of-folder-favorites-in-windows/eb71470f-df14-43d4-9286-eb75ab7993e9
  4. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or...
  5. File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer: I am going through thousands of photos in File Explorer and would love to be able to quickly mark my favorite photos so I can move them into a different folder. When I click on a photo to view it, it takes me into Photos, where I can mark a photo as a favorite. I can then...
  6. red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer: Like others have asked, why do I have that red circle with X on my favorite folder every thing is synced properly in that folder as I have asked Geek Squad to help me sync everything since I did have at one time the problem of those pesty thumb.db files causing problems with...
  7. Favorites folder

Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  8. Favorites Folder

Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  9. How could I star or favorite folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How could I star or favorite folders?: I have a folder, inside it contains 250+ folders containing images. SOme of the folders are important and I want to be able to star them or something so when I look in at them they stand out from the rest. Is there a way I could do this? I could go to properties and customize...
  10. How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How can file folder with favorites be load into Edge favorites?: I have lost all my Favorites in Edge. I have recovered a copy of the desired Favorites and have placed these favorites on my desktop as a file folder. The file structure has all the folders, and within each folder, the links to all the favorite websites. I have tried placing...