Windows 10: What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar?

Discus and support What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me the file location for recent items for specific apps on the taskbar? I want to delete them off the lists to reorganize it but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mushmin, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mushmin Win User

What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar?

Can anyone tell me the file location for recent items for specific apps on the taskbar? I want to delete them off the lists to reorganize it but it only lets me delete one at a time and that is very time consuming. I'm thinking if I can find the file I can delete all the items on the list at once.

This is one of the lists I want to clear up.

What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar? [​IMG]

Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

Mushmin, Mar 26, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 26, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Mar 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. What is the File Path for Recent Items for Apps on the Taskbar? - Similar Threads - File Path Recent

2. Windows 11 - Files not appearing as recent on apps pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Files not appearing as recent on apps pinned to the taskbar: Hi All,I'm newly running Windows 11. When I right-click on a pinned app word, excel etc, I cannot see the list of recent files in order to pin them. I have toggled the on-off option in Settings>Personalisation>Start>"Show recently opened items in Start, Jump List and Files...
  3. Windows 11 - Files not appearing as recent or pinned on apps on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Files not appearing as recent or pinned on apps on the taskbar: Hi All,I'm newly running Windows 11. When I right-click on a pinned app word, excel etc, I cannot see the list of recent files in order to pin them. I have toggled the on-off option in Settings>Personalisation>Start>"Show recently opened items in Start, Jump List and Files...
  4. Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files: So I guess this is another feature which used to work perfectly fine e.g. in Windows 7 and now is broken in Windows 10/11.See the attached image.Every 2-3 weeks, the Recent Files on taskbar icons just stop refreshing. Also, in Windows 7, one was able to actually drag'n'drop...
  5. Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Files on Taskbar Items Regular Stop Showing Recent Files: So I guess this is another feature which used to work perfectly fine e.g. in Windows 7 and now is broken in Windows 10/11.See the attached image.Every 2-3 weeks, the Recent Files on taskbar icons just stop refreshing. Also, in Windows 7, one was able to actually drag'n'drop...
  6. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps: How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recentfrequent-items-for-apps/08e69428-de68-4d73-b0eb-525e2563285e
  7. Recent items not visible under Windows 10 Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 News
    Recent items not visible under Windows 10 Taskbar icons: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It’s quite possible that you are working simultaneously on many files and documents together and therefore require to visit them regularly to incorporate changes if any. However, what if right-clicking these items icons in the Taskbar no longer shows Recent...
  8. Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar: Hey guys. Even i turning off "Show recently opened in Jump Lists or the taskbar" options on Setting my recently opened files, pictures, videos still showing when i right click the icon on taskbar. Is there anyway to force close this options? Because seems like it's bugged...
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing: So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't...