Windows 10: What is the folder CustomDestinations?

Discus and support What is the folder CustomDestinations? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My recent documents folder contains a mystery folder named CustomDestinations. The files are variable size, in the low kB range. The filenames are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARYLIOA, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

What is the folder CustomDestinations?

My recent documents folder contains a mystery folder named CustomDestinations. The files are variable size, in the low kB range. The filenames are undecipherable as far as I can see. Here is a typical one:

5afe4de1b92fc382.customDestinations-ms

Clicking Open With is not instructive, and kind of implies I need to go to the apps store to find something to open them.

Anyone know what they are? Can I get rid of them safely?

(I use Classic Shell if that may be relevant to the question but the ms suffix kind of tells me no,)

:)

ARYLIOA, Nov 30, 2015

2. What on earth is the "$clean_tmp" folder and what is the function of all those files?

As explained in the following thread, they are disk clean up files used by Disk Cleanup itself and they can be safely removed:

https://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/clean_-tm...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2015
  3. What on earth is the "$clean_tmp" folder and what is the function of all those files?

The C:\$clean-tmp folder is filled with 100s of files, about 2 GB each. What are they for? I tried to look it up on GOOGLE, and got gibberish for answers. I was doing a defrag about the same time as I ran across this monstrosity, and the defrag was running
    about as fast as molasses outdoors in Antarctica. I made a guess that $clean_tmp had something to do with that, so I deleted all those 2 GB files. the defrag immediately responded by accelerating.

The question remains. What is this $clean_tmp for, what's in the 1000s of gigantic files?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Nov 30, 2015
  4. What is the folder CustomDestinations?

Cluster Head, Nov 30, 2015
  5. ARYLIOA Win User
    Wow! I'm glad I asked here first even if perhaps jumping protocols. Those Rabbit Trails on the referenced link are sure impressive, and basically too much or too little information for me*Redface. Your "Might" was spot on..... But while that is so, I at least know they are MS creations, and I suppose I better leave them alone.

Solved enough.

Thanks.

ARYLIOA, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What is the folder CustomDestinations?

1. What is the folder CustomDestinations? - Similar Threads - folder CustomDestinations

2. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  3. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  4. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  5. Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items

Folders within Windows just moving mouse highlights quite a few items: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3527 Oem version.I have been noticing this alot as of late but when I open a folder and move my mouse over items within that folder quite a few items will highlight. I have not clicked my mouse anywhere on that screen, I'm not doing a select all, just...
  6. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  7. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  8. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  9. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  10. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.