Windows 10: What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program

Discus and support What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently switched from Mac to Windows, and it's effing my mind trying to figure out the Windows equivalent of keyboard shortcuts i am used to. So if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zlaxxor, Nov 13, 2020.

1. What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program

I recently switched from Mac to Windows, and it's effing my mind trying to figure out the Windows equivalent of keyboard shortcuts i am used to. So if I have explorer open with several windows. (I think it's called Explorer on Windows, on Mac it's called Finder)...then how do I just switch between those Explorer windows which are open, using the keyboard?

submitted by /u/zlaxxor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zlaxxor, Nov 13, 2020
  2. das10 Win User

Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts

From reading around, my understanding (and I stand to be corrected) is that the 2-3 second delay is a Windows default delay where Windows searches for any other app or program running at the time on your PC which MIGHT have the same shortcut as the program you are running and switch over to it instead of running the program initiated by your shortcut. In case of any unresponsive or misbehaving app or program, Windows waits 2-3 seconds before moving on to the next running program.

see:
    Why is there sometimes a long delay between pressing a hotkey for a shortcut and opening the shortcut? The Old New Thing
    for this explanation

There are also some trouble shooting steps which you can try listed down the page here:
    slow windows desktop keyboard shortcuts - Super User

As regards the store and settings, I would try to reset at least the store app as per instructions here :
    Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

I would also disable fast startup at least once and do a full shutdown and restart as often times it helps to get rid of some bugs in Windows.

Hope this helps you narrow down the solution. Otherwise, just wait for someone else to chime in.

das10, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Odin99 Win User
    Using Win10 shortcut to switch active program

The two programs I use most often are Outlook and Firefox, and I often need to switch between them. (I don't want both programs displayed on the same screen.) When I was using Win7 there was no difference whether I switched with my mouse or with the keyboard.
    Now however switching with the alt+tab keyboard shortcut takes me to an overwhelming number of thumbnails that I don't want to deal with, or sometimes a long list instead. Can I not use the shortcut without all the clutter?

Odin99, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program

1. What is the keyboard shortcut to switch between windows in the same program - Similar Threads - keyboard shortcut switch

2. Can I change the "switch between keyboard layouts" keyboard shortcut in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the "switch between keyboard layouts" keyboard shortcut in Windows 11?: The default keyboard shortcut to change the keyboard layout is Win+Spacebar as seen in the picture. But there is also another shortcut: if you hold Control and press Shift it will also switch between the layouts. This is very inconvenient because there are other software...
  3. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  4. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  5. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  7. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts for switching between Japanese input methods not working: for example CTRL + Capslock and Alt + Capslock to switch between Romaji and Kana input modes, these cant seem to work, have had this issue back with Windows 10 and it still persists with Windows 11 doesn't matter if i use the new or old IME...
  8. Is there a shortcut to switch between workspaces?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to switch between workspaces?: It is so annoying that I have to use my mouse to switch between workspaces on windows. Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to it? submitted by /u/da_semicolon [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.: Hi folks. I'm looking for a way to switch between HDMI and my laptop screen. Preferably a quick keyboard shortcut. I have my laptop connected to my tv screen always, however, sometimes when i'm gaming on the tv i'll have to disconnect my HDMI to access my laptop screen,...
  10. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430