Windows 10: What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC?

Discus and support What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to install a larger HDD as my C: drive in my windows 10 PC. I just want to have a single partition maybe 2. I currently have a 250GB SSD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by beast3, Jul 10, 2024.

1. beast3 Win User

What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC?

I want to install a larger HDD as my C: drive in my windows 10 PC. I just want to have a single partition maybe 2. I currently have a 250GB SSD drive but my computer just drags doing anything involving file moving, copying etc. Just selecting files to delete takes ages.I've read that 2 TB or 3TB would be the limit from some sources & others say there is no real limit.I can't upgrade to Win 11 as my cpu isn't compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

beast3, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2024
  3. little cat, Jul 10, 2024
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC? - Similar Threads - largest HDD drive

2. What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC?: I want to install a larger HDD as my C: drive in my windows 10 PC. I just want to have a single partition maybe 2. I currently have a 250GB SSD drive but my computer just drags doing anything involving file moving, copying etc. Just selecting files to delete takes ages.I've...
  3. What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the largest HDD I can use as the C: drive in a Windows 10 desktop PC?: I want to install a larger HDD as my C: drive in my windows 10 PC. I just want to have a single partition maybe 2. I currently have a 250GB SSD drive but my computer just drags doing anything involving file moving, copying etc. Just selecting files to delete takes ages.I've...
  4. C Drive switched to HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  5. C Drive switched to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  6. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  7. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  8. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How can I move C: or other drives to a new SSD or HDD in Windows 10?

How can I move C: or other drives to a new SSD or HDD in Windows 10?: Hi, I've a Windows 10 setup with the OS installed on C: ssd and program files are seperated among D: SSD and E: HDD. My idea is that, Windows 10 runs on C, which is a good brand SSD; demanding games and programs run on D, and the rest are on E. Photos, documents etc are...
  10. what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use...

what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use...: i am planing to back up c drive in window 10. 1903 in my external hard drive.what is the benefit of backup c drive in window 10 in external hard drive. when can i use this backup . how can i use it....