Windows 10: What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms?

Discus and support What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. So my manufacturer (MSI) haven't updated the SATA ACHI/RAID drivers since 2016 and it is labeled version 14.8.0.1042. To my knowledge I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Faith, May 25, 2019.

1. Faith Win User

What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms?

Hi. So my manufacturer (MSI) haven't updated the SATA ACHI/RAID drivers since 2016 and it is labeled version 14.8.0.1042. To my knowledge I can't install the latest one from Intel (17.2.0.1009) because it is incompatible with the X99 platform (?), so what is the latest one for what I have? I couldn't find it out. I am going to extract the RTS driver so I don't get the user Interface, but I would like the last one that is supported. Any guideance is greatly appreciated.

:)

Faith, May 25, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Intel RST service is not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Intel RST service is for the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. The Intel Rapid Storage Driver provides speed for data transfer and improves the performance for SATA drives or PCIe drives.

• What is the make and model of the computer and motherboard?

You can follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Changing the startup type for Service

You can try changing the startup type for the Intel RST service and check if that makes a difference. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type serivces.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, scroll down, look for Intel RST service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    4. Now, under startup type select Automatic from the drop down menu.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2: Updating the drivers manually

You can try downloading the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Driver from the

Intel Website
    and check if that helps. However, I would suggest checking with the motherboard manufacturer website as well.

If you are using RAID configuration, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RAID configuration.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2019
  3. Intel RST service

Since it's an upgrade, some software/drivers may need update to support Windows 10. Hence try updating the software/drivers to the latest version and then check.

Additionally, check with the software support for compatibility with Windows 10.

Latest version of Intel RST can be found here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Regarding WiFi, kindly contact the computer manufacturer support on compatibility with Windows 10.

Balaji Kundalam, May 25, 2019
  4. Shaki#2 Win User

intel rst driver

i dont have win 10 installed so cannot try... does intel rst works? i have found that it is much faster then MS default drivers with 97 boards with win 8.1. Not so much in benchmarks, but in practice win 8.1 boots much faster with iastora.sys then benchmarks
    difference suggests.

Shaki#2, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms? - Similar Threads - Latest Intel RST

2. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  3. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  4. Intel RST driver concern

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  5. Intel RST Driver Question

Intel RST Driver Question: I've never been able to find an explanation...closest think was win-raid.com. My desktop has a Z270 chipset and my new Dell XPS 15 9500 has a mobile 400-series chipset. Right now I'm running Intel RST driver version 18.30.3.1148 on both. Based on what I read the 400-series...
  6. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  7. Intel RST IASTORUI What is the fix for this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST IASTORUI What is the fix for this?: Source IAStorUI Summary Stopped working Date ‎10/‎10/‎2018 20:00 Status Report sent Description Stopped working Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorUI.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem...
  8. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  9. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  10. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...