Windows 10: What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer?

Discus and support What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just want to know what is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 PC Thank you for your prompt reply.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZeldaJohnson#77, Jun 15, 2020.

1. What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer?

Just want to know what is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 PC

Thank you for your prompt reply.

:)

ZeldaJohnson#77, Jun 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jun 15, 2020
  4. What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer?

1. What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer? - Similar Threads - latest upgrade Microsoft

2. Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC: Hi there,Just a quick question if I may?I'm trying to install Bitdefender on my PC but need to remove MSE first. Unfortunately, I keep getting the error message: "The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is missing a filter manager rollup package needed to complete the...
  3. Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC: Hi there,Just a quick question if I may?I'm trying to install Bitdefender on my PC but need to remove MSE first. Unfortunately, I keep getting the error message: "The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is missing a filter manager rollup package needed to complete the...
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials & all Windows 7 upgrade no more download links

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Essentials & all Windows 7 upgrade no more download links: Hi. Ok to disable support service for Windows 7. But this doesn't mean thal ALL links to updates upgrades, security updates, doesn't work anymore. I recently installed again all Windows 7 in an old notebook. What a surprise! I can download programs, files, a lot of thing....
  5. security essentials support for windows 7

security essentials support for windows 7: i run windows 7 i understand support stopped in jan ..ok why did i get a prompt to down load windows security essentials today ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-support-for-windows-7/e316f72b-ca3b-4e1e-8d9d-bd9e2bc8f3e6
  6. Security Essentials Update for Windows 7

Security Essentials Update for Windows 7: I received notification of an update today 1/30 for Security Essentials that says it was published yesterday. I haven't downloaded or installed it yet because I thought support had ended for Windows 7 and I am concerned this is not genuine. Is Microsoft still putting updates...
  7. Windows Security Essentials for 32bit Windows 7

Windows Security Essentials for 32bit Windows 7: Hi, Can not renew Windows Security Essentials virus definitions, the process brakes with failure code 0x80240022. It happens in several 32bit Windows 7 computers. What can I do? Thanks in advance. Henn...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7

Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7: For past week, the program has changed, every time it detects something a panel pops up up saying no action needed has been cleaned, but then MSE turns itself off computer slows down and it says computer needs to restart to complete cleaning, do that and then MSE is still...
  9. issues with windows upgrade 1903 - what's the latest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    issues with windows upgrade 1903 - what's the latest: have read lots of issues with upgrade 1903. my new computer wants to upgrade to this. will it erase all the setting changes I have made since first ran the computer? how long will it take to upgrade itself? other issues? its been awhile since this upgrade came out last...
  10. What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?

What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?: What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7? * Original title: windows 7 ends support * Moved from Windows 7/Updates...