Windows 10: What is the lib folder?

Discus and support What is the lib folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just noticed a folder called "lib" in Program Files (x86). Is this folder a win 10 thing? What does it do? Thanks, Ed 121133 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esebm, Nov 6, 2018.

1. esebm Win User

What is the lib folder?

Hi,
    I just noticed a folder called "lib" in Program Files (x86).
    Is this folder a win 10 thing? What does it do?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Nov 6, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 6, 2018
  4. What is the lib folder?

Folder View settings constantly changing

Lawrence Lib replied:

"follow the steps provided by A_User_Here"

Why can't you just list the corrective steps here? I don't know how to find A_User_Here's message. Therefore, your response is useless to me.

William Hagen, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

What is the lib folder?

1. What is the lib folder? - Similar Threads - lib folder

2. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  3. How do I move system folders back onto the C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move system folders back onto the C Drive: To whom it may concern, I've currently got 2 windows system folders on my D drive and would like them back on my C drive. I assume they were automatically put onto my D drive due to the C being full up. I have since then deleted a bunch of files and would like them back...
  4. Sharing files or folders in One drive

Sharing files or folders in One drive: How do I share a folder or file with someone else in One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-or-folders-in-one-drive/4e57f3a8-bb14-4d08-8fd2-26b52ea7c335"
  5. What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash

What if the hard disk containing OneDrive folder crash: If we delete any file or folder from the One Drive Folder on our PC, the file also get deleted from cloud. In the same way, if hard disk crash/data wipe out from it, then whether all One Drive Folder data will be deleted from cloud also. If yes than what is the safeguard....
  6. What if the hard disk containing one driver folder crash

What if the hard disk containing one driver folder crash: If we delete any file or folder from the One Drive Folder on our PC, the file also get deleted from cloud. In the same way, if hard disk crash/data wipe out from it, then whether all One Drive Folder data will be deleted from cloud also. If yes than what is the safeguard....
  7. Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software: Looking for recommendations for software that handles automatic batch folder creation according to defined rules. Also looking for software that handles automatic file and folder moving into more than one directory according to selection criteria (size, date, extension,...
  8. Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.

Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.: I've been trying to move my videos folder and documents folder to my other drive and I mistakenly forgot to give them folder locations so they were put in the location E: instead of a folder inside of my E: drive. I fixed the issue mostly other than I have 2 folders named...
  9. Problem with 'Error loading sound libs"

Problem with 'Error loading sound libs": Hello. I'm trying to access a European Conference site which requires downloading a "starter" called IGR / Bruno Gruning. Once downloaded, I keep receiving an error message stating: "Error loading sound libs". I then can still access the site but many basic functions are...
  10. The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link lib

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link lib: So here is the whole Story folks, which i am having more than 2 weeks problems with :'( 1.) I downloaded a game (PayDay2) on Steam via friends account (he is using discord and some sdk, one of them is also discordrpc) 2) i tried to start the game but it was saying: @...