Windows 10: What is the lib folder?

Discus and support What is the lib folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just noticed a folder called "lib" in Program Files (x86). Is this folder a win 10 thing? What does it do? Thanks, Ed 121133 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esebm, Nov 6, 2018.

1. esebm Win User

What is the lib folder?

Hi,
    I just noticed a folder called "lib" in Program Files (x86).
    Is this folder a win 10 thing? What does it do?
    Thanks,
    Ed

:)

esebm, Nov 6, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Prabhavathi Patil Win User
    Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 6, 2018
  4. William Hagen Win User

What is the lib folder?

Folder View settings constantly changing

Lawrence Lib replied:

"follow the steps provided by A_User_Here"

Why can't you just list the corrective steps here? I don't know how to find A_User_Here's message. Therefore, your response is useless to me.

William Hagen, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

What is the lib folder?

1. What is the lib folder? - Similar Threads - lib folder

2. Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added?: Why do I need to add Length column again and again to the same folders I had previously added? Windows 10 1803 OS (64-Bit) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-add-length-column-again-and-again/b14d7965-d447-401f-969d-afb002d5a312
  3. How to link a folder on my desktop PC -and- laptop to a folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to link a folder on my desktop PC -and- laptop to a folder on OneDrive: On both my desktop PC and laptop I have specific folders that I want to be synchronized using OneDrive. Say they are both named 'PDF', so on desktop: X:\PDF on laptop: Y:\PDF by using: mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\PDF" "X:\PDF" I can 'link' the desktop folder to...
  4. several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive?

several of my folders disappeared with all the emails I'd saved in them how to retreive?: how can I retrieve Windows Live email folders and their contents that simply disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/several-of-my-folders-disappeared-with-all-the/27f53298-01db-405a-b060-4c8d18dd730c"
  5. Some folders have black fonts

Some folders have black fonts: After that screwy update just some of my folders have black fonts but not all pf them, some on my desktop and the C Drive folder. I've tried most everything on search engines but still no joy. I attached a pic of the problem. Thanks for any help! [ATTACH]...
  6. User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name: Hello, soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer (you know, the one with your Username) has changed it's mind to Display "Ordner" (German for Folder*). This is the case for: My Desktop User Folder Icon (See image) The...
  7. Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!: A problem I hope someone can help me with. On my laptop I had a problem in that my icons on the taskbar had become invisible and despite all the help in the forum, nothing worked. I then called on the MS chat help who were extremely helpful. They tried everything, which...
  8. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder: Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program. When I tried to copy and paste something in a text file it showed the file location to this...
  9. Problem with 'Error loading sound libs"

Problem with 'Error loading sound libs": Hello. I'm trying to access a European Conference site which requires downloading a "starter" called IGR / Bruno Gruning. Once downloaded, I keep receiving an error message stating: "Error loading sound libs". I then can still access the site but many basic functions are...
  10. The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link lib

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link lib: So here is the whole Story folks, which i am having more than 2 weeks problems with :'( 1.) I downloaded a game (PayDay2) on Steam via friends account (he is using discord and some sdk, one of them is also discordrpc) 2) i tried to start the game but it was saying: @...