Windows 10: What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

Discus and support What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Max Pen, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Max Pen Win User

What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

Max Pen, Mar 13, 2021

2. Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?

1TB 5,400 RPM:
    • Seagate 1TB BarraCuda $54.78
    • Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming $65.50
    • WD Blue 1TB $56.89
    1TB 7,200 RPM:
    • WD Black 1TB $73.95
    • HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB $59.93
    Which one is the best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?.

The hard drive is for the Fractal Design Node 202 Mini ITX case.

RodoGodo19, Mar 13, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Buffalo Announces 4 TB Hard Drive Support In Select Storage Solutions

Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking and network and direct attached storage solutions, today announced the availability of 4 TB hard drives in select Buffalo storage solutions including the TeraStation 5000 series of business-class network and iSCSI storage, the LinkStation Pro home and small office network storage device and the DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 desktop hard drive.

"The introduction of 4 TB hard drives and Buffalo's early adoption in leading storage solutions provides customers with even higher capacities for greater data storage," said Matt Dargis, senior director of sales at Buffalo Technology. "We strive to provide a breadth of affordable and reliable storage solutions for business and home in the latest available hard drive capacities."

What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard? 4a_thm.jpg

Now shipping with 4 TB hard drives, the TeraStation 5000 series is available in a two-drive or four-drive array, packed with business class features such as surveillance video management, Active Directory support, disk quota support, share level replication, failover support, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, hot-swap hard drives, iSCSI targeting and USB 3.0 accessory support, ideal for larger networks and business-critical applications.

LinkStation Pro LS-VL network storage solution offers instant storage expansion and file access on your home or home office network and over the Internet. Now available with a single 4 TB hard disk, it is the largest single-drive NAS on the market.

DriveStation Axis HD-LBU3 USB 3.0 storage is an easy-to-use solution for the quick addition of external storage to any device using a USB port. Now available in 4 TB, the DriveStation Axis works with any PC or Mac computer providing interface speeds up to 5 Gbps.

Pricing and Availability
    • TeraStation 5400 is backed by a limited three-year warranty and toll-free 24/7 US based technical support and the 16 TB is available now at an estimated street price of $1999.99 (TS5400D1604).
    • The TeraStation 5200 is backed by a limited three-year warranty and toll-free 24/7 US based technical support and the 8 TB is available now at an estimated street price of $999.99 (TS5200D0802).
    • The LinkStation Pro is backed by a limited one-year warranty and toll-free 24/7 US based technical support and the 4 TB is available now at an estimated street price of $299.99 (HD-LB4.0U3).
    • The DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 is backed by a limited one-year warranty and toll-free 24/7 US based technical support and the 4 TB is available now at an estimated street price of $279.99 (LS-V4.0TL).

btarunr, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

1. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard? - Similar Threads - max storage supported

2. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason: My SSD I store big games on always gets maxed whenever I try to access application files on it, like for updating and such. Even if I end the application I was using it stays maxed until I restart my PC. Sometimes it creates problems booting up stuck on Gigabyte screen, with...
  3. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason: My SSD I store big games on always gets maxed whenever I try to access application files on it, like for updating and such. Even if I end the application I was using it stays maxed until I restart my PC. Sometimes it creates problems booting up stuck on Gigabyte screen, with...
  4. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive storage: I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-storage/16d4e2cc-69ae-4b0e-8a86-337326091d29
  6. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?: Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 Series Specs - CNET 175876
  7. What is the MAX number of hard disc drives for windows 10

What is the MAX number of hard disc drives for windows 10: I am going to be buying a server with 24 drive bays. I have quite the collection of work files I want to store on it BUT... I want to hook them up like they were LOCAL drives using my NETDRIVE3 application. So each of them has a LOCAL letter and I can access then each as if...
  8. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  9. Hard Drive Storage Issues

Hard Drive Storage Issues: When trying to download a program on my computer recently, I found that I didn't have enough storage on my hard drive. I moved every single document and picture file to Google Drive then deleted them from my hard drive. I have uninstalled all unused apps/programs. I have...
  10. Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility: I have an Asus Z170M-E D3 and a Hardware compatibility list that I downloaded from Asus.com. My 3TB WD EZRZ isn't on that list. Does that mean I can't or shouldn't use it? 63816