Windows 10: What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

Discus and support What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Max Pen, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Max Pen Win User

What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

Max Pen, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

As long as it's a GPT partitioned hard drive... you can't afford one too big. *Smile

Your motherboard supports GPT partitioned drives. 9.4ZB = 10,335,409,301,094.4GB
    That's 10 trillion gigabytes. *Smile

What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard? [​IMG]

Here is the biggest consumer drive available... Seagate IronWolf Pro 18 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (ST18000NE000) - PCPartPicker

3. Max Pen Win User
    Max Pen, Mar 15, 2021
  4. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard? - Similar Threads - max storage supported

2. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason: My SSD I store big games on always gets maxed whenever I try to access application files on it, like for updating and such. Even if I end the application I was using it stays maxed until I restart my PC. Sometimes it creates problems booting up stuck on Gigabyte screen, with...
  3. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason: My SSD I store big games on always gets maxed whenever I try to access application files on it, like for updating and such. Even if I end the application I was using it stays maxed until I restart my PC. Sometimes it creates problems booting up stuck on Gigabyte screen, with...
  4. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive storage: I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-storage/16d4e2cc-69ae-4b0e-8a86-337326091d29
  6. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?: Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 Series Specs - CNET 175876
  7. What is the MAX number of hard disc drives for windows 10

What is the MAX number of hard disc drives for windows 10: I am going to be buying a server with 24 drive bays. I have quite the collection of work files I want to store on it BUT... I want to hook them up like they were LOCAL drives using my NETDRIVE3 application. So each of them has a LOCAL letter and I can access then each as if...
  8. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  9. Hard Drive Storage Issues

Hard Drive Storage Issues: When trying to download a program on my computer recently, I found that I didn't have enough storage on my hard drive. I moved every single document and picture file to Google Drive then deleted them from my hard drive. I have uninstalled all unused apps/programs. I have...
  10. Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility: I have an Asus Z170M-E D3 and a Hardware compatibility list that I downloaded from Asus.com. My 3TB WD EZRZ isn't on that list. Does that mean I can't or shouldn't use it? 63816