Windows 10: What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber...

Discus and support What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a pair of speakers that support playing digital audio at 24-bit 192khz resolution. I'm planning to purchase a new audio card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenjaminSullivan, Jan 10, 2019.

1. What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber...

Hello,

I recently got a pair of speakers that support playing digital audio at 24-bit 192khz resolution. I'm planning to purchase a new audio card and install it on my PC and want to get one with a TOSLINK optical output because it's the only one my speakers support that offers full digital uncompressed audio. The audio card I'm planning to buy says can send audio at 24-bit 192 khz resolution, but I'm finding a lot of conflicting information on what the maximum supported khz resolution is over the TOSLINK cable itself. Even Wikipedia doesn't seem to have anything concrete on it. Some says it's 96khz, and then some seem to think it's as low as 48khz. If the data transfer rate of 125mbps given on Wikipedia is right, I think it should be capable of way more than what I need to get to 192khz, but I wanted to put some feelers out there before buying all this stuff and being disappointed to see if anyone else knows for sure.

:)

BenjaminSullivan, Jan 10, 2019
  2. vik_vig Win User

Software for converting videos to specific resolution and bit rate

Hi all,

I need a video converting software which can covert my videos into high quality(say bit rate>2000) mp4 videos with a resolution of 640x360 so that i can enjoy high quality video on my 5800? Currently I am nokia PC suites transfer video software but It outputs
    with a resolution of 320x240 at a very low bit rate of 450-500 Kbits/sec . Please give your suggestions.

vik_vig, Jan 10, 2019
  3. How to change the drag & drop default bit rate to transfer audio files?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and sorry for the delayed response.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm a couple of things:

• While dragging and dropping do you get an option to change the bit transfer rate?
    • If yes, have you tried changing the bit rate?
    If you get an option I suggest you to try changing the bit rate manually while dragging and dropping and check if this helps. Also please be informed that its by default your files are being transferred with the bit rate 160 kbps. So you may leave a feedback
    by using the Windows feedback App.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 10, 2019
  4. LMiller7 Win User

What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber...

Understanding data transfer rates

The numbers in Task Manager and Resource Monitor make sense but I don't follow your calculations.

Task Manager is showing a raw transfer rate of 5.0 Mb/s. That is 5,000,000 bits per second. As there are 8 bits per byte that equates to 5,000,000/8 or 625,000 Bytes per second. That is considerably higher than the 483,000 shown in Resource Monitor but that is easily explained. Task Manager is showing the total data transferred over the network interface while Resource Monitor is showing the actual transfer rate to the file in question. TCP/IP is a complex protocol with multiple levels of overhead. 483,000/625,000=.7728, or about 77.28% transfer efficiency.

LMiller7, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber...

1. What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber... - Similar Threads - maximum bit rate

2. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer rate...really?: Hi,Recently, when copying files from one folder to another large parts of folders or large files included, the transfer rate towards the end of the copy dies/goes to zero, and stays there.I have paused and unpaused..no changeI have restarted...no change.It is quite unexpected...
  3. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer rate...really?: Hi,Recently, when copying files from one folder to another large parts of folders or large files included, the transfer rate towards the end of the copy dies/goes to zero, and stays there.I have paused and unpaused..no changeI have restarted...no change.It is quite unexpected...
  4. Transfer rate...really?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Above 384 khz sample rates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Above 384 khz sample rates: Hello, I use an external USB DAC and was wondering if you could please allow us to natively use sample rates above 384 khz such as 768 khz. I'm asking because I always upsample audio at my DAC's maximum sample rate and because it frequently makes super loud white noise when...
  6. Slow data transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow data transfer rate: I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and I've seen it go way faster but small or large it never goes over 55mb/s 151820
  7. Speaker default sample rate not changeable to 44.1 kHz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker default sample rate not changeable to 44.1 kHz: I recently purchased a piece of drumming software called Aerodrums that needs to enable a windows feature called WASAPI to reduce latency issues. The Aerodrums troubleshooting says the following: ''On Windows, it is also important that an appropriate low latency audio...
  8. Resolution & Refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & Refresh rate: Some time ago I purchased a MINIX Z83-4 mini computer which comes with Win 10 64bit preloaded, The reason I got this was that when viewing films via Kodi on an Android box the quality of the picture was never that good. I'm not talking about the colour or clarity, I'm...
  9. Understanding data transfer rates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Understanding data transfer rates: Greetings - with much trepidation about whatever it is I'm not grasping, I humbly ask for some help here. While 'watching' a large download (a game) on Task Manager and Resource Monitor, I see different data transfer rates in different units. Task Manager may indicate I'm...
  10. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toslink supported bitrate

2. TOSLINK digital optical max rate

3. optical toslink max bitrate

4. maximum bit resolution,
  5. toslink maximum audio bit rate,
  6. bit rate for toslink,
  7. toslink maximum data rate