Windows 10: What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update...

Discus and support What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I am using Windows 10, version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371). I am an administrator. [ATTACH] But what does that mean ..... I am not even allowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by parker2004, Nov 8, 2018.

1. What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update...

So, I am using Windows 10, version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371).

I am an administrator.

What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update... ea06fd72-865c-4046-b476-fbe263c1bac2?upload=true.png

But what does that mean ..... I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update service.

Seriously I am done with that sh.... . Stupid services.

It has wasted around 100 GB (seriously) of my data as each time i use internet on my computer, it eats my data in background and guess what each time it fails to install whatever it has downloaded. I am not so rich to get unlimited data, so sorry. Even if I get it, I will still be struggling with the low speed as data is being used without my permission.

'What does it feels like when you are the owner but still you can do anything?'

Here's the screenshots of not being able to do anything.

What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update... c23d37f4-4129-4ad5-b828-704e254d322e?upload=true.jpg

What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update... 8b9309a5-5b14-41b7-b143-ca15326257aa?upload=true.jpg

I have really started hating windows. It's not user-friendly. At least not for me, after having this experience.

:)

parker2004, Nov 8, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 8, 2018
  3. windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes

My windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes?
    Why!

I can't install a few programs because of this?
    How do I fix this?

Irish_PXzyan, Nov 8, 2018
  4. angus Win User

What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update...

1. What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update... - Similar Threads - means being administrator

2. If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean: I restored a threat that I think has virus, what will happen to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-allow-a-threat-restored-what-does-that-mean/eab08be8-b03d-43b7-8176-b1367fb519d6
  3. If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean: I restored a threat that I think has virus, what will happen to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-allow-a-threat-restored-what-does-that-mean/eab08be8-b03d-43b7-8176-b1367fb519d6
  4. File Explorer Not allowing access to files even after I am logged in as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not allowing access to files even after I am logged in as Administrator: Alright I am really ticked right now, so I need help. I am the current administrator on my personnel PC, after the recent update, all my files on my file explorer are on the read only phase. I go to save something from Microsoft Word on my computer, all it does is say I don't...
  5. File Explorer Not allowing access to files even after I am logged in as Administrator

File Explorer Not allowing access to files even after I am logged in as Administrator: Alright I am really ticked right now, so I need help. I am the current administrator on my personnel PC, after the recent update, all my files on my file explorer are on the read only phase. I go to save something from Microsoft Word on my computer, all it does is say I don't...
  6. How am I allowed to update

How am I allowed to update: I have an i5 9300H https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-am-i-allowed-to-update/ef9d216a-e3d4-4538-bffb-62c1136864ac
  7. "Contact the Administrator". What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Contact the Administrator". What does this mean?: My HP 6978 All-in-One printer shows the message that it is offline when I try to print. I am using it with Windows 10. When I run a troubleshoot, I get the message, "Contact the administrator." Why am I getting this message, and how do I fix it?...
  8. As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders: My profile lists me as an administrator, but Windows 10 will not allow me to save new programs in the Program Files or Program Files x86 folders. What do I need to do to be allowed to place these new programs in these folders as opposed to my personnel folder?...
  9. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks: I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder." Today, Defrag stopped working. I opened the Run box and styped SFC/Scannow. I was told that only the Administrator has the right to do this....
  10. I am not sure what this means

I am not sure what this means: What does this mean and how can I fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/i-am-not-sure-what-this-means/806064e1-d44b-4360-a627-13e7a614bc9a