Windows 10: What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?

Discus and support What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a bunch of recent Windows updates came in recently, and looking through the list, several driver updates came in too. One that puzzled me was one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackJacques, Dec 2, 2020.

1. What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?

So a bunch of recent Windows updates came in recently, and looking through the list, several driver updates came in too. One that puzzled me was one called "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". Why is there a driver for a router, which is a device not even part of the PC?

:)

BlackJacques, Dec 2, 2020
  2. deltam Win User

Microsoft Wireless Router Module - Keeps Installing Daily

Paola Gar, thank you for the response.

There is no listing in Device Manager for "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". However, there is a listing of "Unknown device" under "Other devices" which could be why this is attempting to install - however, there are no wireless devices/adapters/cards
    on this PC.

My question did not get answered as to what is "Microsoft Wireless Router Module"?

Also, why does it show "successfully installed" in "Update history" but then keeps installing it daily?

deltam, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found out the Wireless Router Module automatically identifies and downloads the latest official version of the drivers for the hardware and installs them correctly. If you do not wish for the app to be installed
    on your PC, you may try to uninstall the application. Here'show:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Right-click Microsoft Wireless Router Module.
    • Select Uninstall.

If you are not able to uninstall the application using this option, please boot into Safe Mode and try to uninstall it again. To boot your PC in Safe Mode, please click

here

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Dec 2, 2020
  4. deltam Win User

What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?

What is "Microsoft Wireless Router Module" that keeps installing daily? This PC (desktop - Windows 10 Pro - Version 1607 - Build 14393.321) does not have any wireless adapters. Just one LAN adapter that is not WiFi.

The LAN (wired) is attached to a router that has WiFi (Netgear Nighthawk AC1900/R7000).

I started noticing this after the Anniversary Update for Windows 10.

What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module? eb0c9609-bc5f-43fe-abdf-5f5499735bd5.jpg

deltam, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?

1. What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Router

2. Wireless module not found 701

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless module not found 701: Hello, I have a serious problem with my wifi network adapter, it's missing I could not find it in any place not under device manager or network and sharing center and when I get my laptop start it show this message hp wireless module not found the system has detected that the...
  3. Wireless module not found 701

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless module not found 701: Hello, I have a serious problem with my wifi network adapter, it's missing I could not find it in any place not under device manager or network and sharing center and when I get my laptop start it show this message hp wireless module not found the system has detected that the...
  4. Wireless module not found 701

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Router Recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  6. wireless module 701 error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless module 701 error: hi, i have this error wireless module 701 how can i fix it regards *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-module-701-error/f7b9bf0e-f734-4587-b0fd-cba421a56fbb
  7. wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?: It is very difficult for you to tell the difference between a wireless access point and a router because they share a number of features.Herewe have tried to explain exactly the difference between these two devices and provide you with a comparison of wireless access points...
  8. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  9. What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router?

What's the status of the wireless port after instaling a router?: Low hours pilot here. I don't understand the status of a gateway's wireless channel after installing a router on one of it's Ethernet ports. Does it change? Is it a separate network verses the the boxes connected thru the router to the gateway's Ethernet jack? My Xfinity...
  10. recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router

recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router: Moderators: if this post is off-topic, please just delete it, and I will understand. Guys, Is is OK to ask for a router recommendation here. My network includes a wireless bridge which is failing, so I thought I would repurpose my current router as a bridge and get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft other hardware microsoft wireless router module