Windows 10: What is the most efficient way to get a computer to start (Boot) w/ hard-drive when USB /...

Discus and support What is the most efficient way to get a computer to start (Boot) w/ hard-drive when USB /... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help, I just need for my computer to start normally, from the hard-drive, but it's stuck on boot from external (USB / DVD) in "Start", or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W. Carter, Oct 19, 2018.

1. W. Carter Win User

What is the most efficient way to get a computer to start (Boot) w/ hard-drive when USB /...

Please help,

I just need for my computer to start normally, from the hard-drive, but it's stuck on boot from external (USB / DVD) in "Start", or "Bio's". Anybody? So simple I don't know. Thanks! Help. Win $$ What is the most efficient way to get a computer to start (Boot) w/ hard-drive when USB /... :)

:)

W. Carter, Oct 19, 2018
  2. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 19, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

What is the most efficient way to get a computer to start (Boot) w/ hard-drive when USB /...

USB Hard Drives break boot

Hello Eric,

One possible reason why this issue occurs is when your BIOS boot sequence is set to boot from USB instead of hard drive. We suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer for assistance on how to reconfigure your BIOS settings.

Thank you.

John Vil, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the most efficient way to get a computer to start (Boot) w/ hard-drive when USB /... - Similar Threads - efficient computer start

2. What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...: My older external hard drive WD 1.81 TB of 2 TB used contains the following:Various file types.A directory created out of ignorance see pic.I opened a few folders, but some folders contain other subfolders, uhhhh!This is not the entire directory; the PICTURES folder contains...
  3. What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the most efficient way to move files mixed from subfolders to one or two master...: My older external hard drive WD 1.81 TB of 2 TB used contains the following:Various file types.A directory created out of ignorance see pic.I opened a few folders, but some folders contain other subfolders, uhhhh!This is not the entire directory; the PICTURES folder contains...
  4. The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode: I want to leave my laptop in clamshell mode and only use my mouse or keyboard to wake my laptop. What is the most efficient way to do this? Do I create a power plan that says never sleep? Will that damage the computer over time having the laptop never shut down or go into...
  5. The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode: I want to leave my laptop in clamshell mode and only use my mouse or keyboard to wake my laptop. What is the most efficient way to do this? Do I create a power plan that says never sleep? Will that damage the computer over time having the laptop never shut down or go into...
  6. Is there an easier/more efficient way to combine years of hard drive backups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easier/more efficient way to combine years of hard drive backups?: This might be a stupid question, but I really have no experience in handling large amounts of files like this. I've been burned once where I thought I properly combined 2 backups, then later realized I'd lost an important chunk of my documents. Now I'm at a point where I have...
  7. Most efficient way for me to install OS from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most efficient way for me to install OS from hdd to ssd?: So i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i need some advice. I just installed an NVME m.2 ssd on my buddies computer and i want to swap the OS onto it. I am wondering what the most efficient way to do this would be. He has 900gb worth of files and a 500gb ssd so...
  8. Whats the most efficient way to do a fresh "out of the box" install of Windows 10 without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats the most efficient way to do a fresh "out of the box" install of Windows 10 without...: I want to reformat my PC and have it "out of the box" state but unsure of how to do this, my PC didnt come with an actual disc/CD drive. So i cant burn an ISO and boot up the disc and go from there like i did in Windows 7 days. Thanks for your time submitted by...
  9. What is the most efficient way to protect my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the most efficient way to protect my data?: hello, I have lost my all data thrice and I am not getting the reason for that to happen, can anyone suggest me the best way to protect my data and without again losing it. I am the owner of Nitech stainless INC, help needed urgently. * Moved from education...
  10. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574