Windows 10: What is the most reliable and thorough Disk clean-up program

Discus and support What is the most reliable and thorough Disk clean-up program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1) for over a year on my 2-year-old Asus laptop with 500 GB hard drive and 8 GB of memory.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kolta, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kolta Win User

What is the most reliable and thorough Disk clean-up program

I have been running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1) for over a year on my 2-year-old Asus laptop with 500 GB hard drive and 8 GB of memory. Nevertheless it has lost its shine and speed. Windows bootup time, powering down, opening and using programs have gotten slower, which I've come to expect in time with usage. I'm not a very technical person and I have left all the Windows 10 settings alone as I'm afraid of messing something up. Oh, I did change my desktop background image, but that's about it. I run the free version of Avast antivirus and I'm mindful about security risks. My laptop runs okay, however I would love for it to chug along a bit faster.
    There are lots of programs for "cleaning up" a hard disc to restore computer performance. What do forum members think is the most reliable and thorough one on the market, and which ones should be avoided at all cost?

:)

kolta, Sep 12, 2018
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 12, 2018
  4. What is the most reliable and thorough Disk clean-up program

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

What is the most reliable and thorough Disk clean-up program

1. What is the most reliable and thorough Disk clean-up program - Similar Threads - reliable thorough Disk

2. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  3. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  4. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. what is most thorough way to factory reset windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is most thorough way to factory reset windows 10?: Hi there I bought a windows 10 laptop about a week ago that I now wish to return to the vendor that I bought it from. For the week that I had it though, I used it as if it were my own. Set it up with various passwords, installed a few bits of software, and also on things...
  6. what is most thorough way to factory reset windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    what is most thorough way to factory reset windows 10?: Hi there I bought a windows 10 laptop about a week ago that I now wish to return to the vendor that I bought it from. For the week that I had it though, I used it as if it were my own. Set it up with various passwords, installed a few bits of software, and also on things...
  7. What's the most reliable system optimizer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the most reliable system optimizer: Currently using Ccleaner but not satisfied with it Any other recommendations? Just be light and helpful for optimization submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5g37x/whats_the_most_reliable_system_optimizer/
  8. What is the most reliable place in the cloud to back up your PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the most reliable place in the cloud to back up your PC?: I used to back everything up to OneDrive. But when Windows 10 did its deadly upgrade in October 2018 and got rid of 90% of my files and folders, when I went to OneDrive, they were no longer there, either. Suggestions?...
  9. Most reliable VPN ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most reliable VPN ?: Having endless problems with TunnelBear which keeps crashing so can anyone recommend a reliable VPN with reasonable monthly charges.... Thanks 114674
  10. Most reliable VPN ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Most reliable VPN ?: Having endless problems with TunnelBear which keeps crashing so can anyone recommend a reliable VPN with reasonable monthly charges.... Thanks 114674

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What is the most thorough clean for my O/S and hard drive