Windows 10: What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?

Discus and support What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.38 ((Already Installed though, as i always installed any optional driver update or optional update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 23, 2020.

1. What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?

INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.38

((Already Installed though, as i always installed any optional driver update or optional update that comes along, and machine is backed up with Macirum reflect images, so i was like ok, and installed it)) It drives me nuts holding off on installing an update, i waited for 5-10 minutes, then just went install, as i can't do that

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 23, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Sep 23, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

4. AsRock Win User

What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?

1. What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update? - Similar Threads - Optional Intel Driver

2. Optional Updates Drivers: What do they do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Updates Drivers: What do they do?: Where can I find detailed information about driver updates optional updates?I would like to know what each update does before uploading it.On my computer I am presented with 10 optional updates. I read elsewhere that installing all of them would be a bad idea. But I cannot...
  3. Optional Updates Drivers: What do they do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Updates Drivers: What do they do?: Where can I find detailed information about driver updates optional updates?I would like to know what each update does before uploading it.On my computer I am presented with 10 optional updates. I read elsewhere that installing all of them would be a bad idea. But I cannot...
  4. Intel Drivers update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Drivers update: When Widows update, it seems it overlooks the Intel drivers. Even as of now the windows doesn't show any Intel drivers need updating, but when I ran Intel Driver Support Assistant, it showed 3 drivers need updating Blue Tooth, Audio and Rapid Storage technology, How Windows...
  5. Intel driver updates

Intel driver updates: Hi Just installed some "optional updates" via the update checker. I've since read that these will take you back to an older version and basically should not have been released. All I remember is they where Intel and Hewlet Packard. In fact its still showing you 1 to...
  6. Intel Driver Updates Showing Up In My Optional Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Driver Updates Showing Up In My Optional Updates: Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that all of a sudden there are multiple Driver Updates showing up in Optional Updates in Settings. I do not know what half of these are for and one of the drivers date back to 1968. Does anyone know why MS did this? I am not...
  7. Windows update with intel drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update with intel drivers: I recently changed hardware from intel to amd and got rid of the intel graphics drivers but windows update wants to reinstall them. is it a registry thing?...
  8. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671
  9. Intel Drivers Update

Intel Drivers Update: [ATTACH]Since the new update of my graphics driver(26.20.100.7263) The control panel is nowhere to be found. Intel says I should download the app in the Microsoft store and I did, but it says an old version has been installed so I can't open. When I checked the Intel's...
  10. What's the subletie on intel driver updates before a major update of the OS ?

What's the subletie on intel driver updates before a major update of the OS ?: Hi! I've windows 10 version 1803. I lastly did the **** to download the last "rapid storage technologie version 17..." from "Intel driver support assistant" instead of to do it from "HP support assistant" proposing the customized driver which leads a daily crash of the...