Windows 10: What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot)

Discus and support What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; They're maddening and I've no idea from where they're being launched. [img] 146239 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Dec 11, 2019.

1. What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot)

They're maddening and I've no idea from where they're being launched.

What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot) [​IMG]

:)

AshleyQuick, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Dec 11, 2019
  3. blueworld Win User
    File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Dec 11, 2019
  4. What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot)

Jsssssssss, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot)

1. What is the origin of these popups? (see screenshot) - Similar Threads - origin popups screenshot

2. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.: Hi guys!Read through these forums a lot but this is the first time posting and hopefully last.Recently I installed Diablo 4 and ran into an issue where I would use my second monitor for something while playing, then the screen would go black sans a few random colors from the...
  3. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.: Hi guys!Read through these forums a lot but this is the first time posting and hopefully last.Recently I installed Diablo 4 and ran into an issue where I would use my second monitor for something while playing, then the screen would go black sans a few random colors from the...
  4. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Couldn't see "Search with a screenshot" icon

in Cortana
    Couldn't see "Search with a screenshot" icon: I found that i didn' t see the "search with screenshot" icon in search box anymore.How can i get this features back or Windows had cancelled it on Win 10 ver 21H1 update 24/06/2021.Thank youuu...
  6. how to see the screenshot if it is not saved

how to see the screenshot if it is not saved: hello .. i want to ask that using the snipping tool i took a full screen shot but i didnt saved it .... can u pls tell from where i can get the screenshot...
  7. Please help me ....see the screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help me ....see the screenshot: [ATTACH]Please help!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-see-the-screenshot/de946406-3e13-46e3-93c8-09d6361edcdc
  8. What Happens to Original?

What Happens to Original?: If I have a picture in an album - or anywhere for that matter - if I edit, is the original still stored somewhere? Should I "save as" before edit as I would a Word Document?...
  9. What is this and with what does it take screenshots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this and with what does it take screenshots?: https://snag.gy/K9i6W0.jpg In the context menu is Screenshot. I really like it, it's able to capture a frame of an app. I want to know more about it. Does it use another app? Is there a shortcut for using this? Is frames the correct term for what it outlines in an app?...
  10. where do I restrict popups? (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    where do I restrict popups? (screenshot): When I'm using my computer I will get these messages that appear like this occasionally to let me know about things I can download. [img] 68920