Windows 10: What is the Point of Airplane Mode?

Discus and support What is the Point of Airplane Mode? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. To conserve battery power, I flipped on "airplane" mode - and the little airplane icon appeared on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rjbinney, Feb 7, 2017.

1. rjbinney Win User

What is the Point of Airplane Mode?

I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10.

To conserve battery power, I flipped on "airplane" mode - and the little airplane icon appeared on my system tray where my Wifi/Network icon was.

Yet, here I am, posting on this board.

If Airplane Mode doesn't turn off WiFi, um, what does it do?

:)

rjbinney, Feb 7, 2017

2. what is the point of remote assistance?

<Moderated>

yeah, remote assistance is neccassary

i contact a friend at microsoft, quite aptly named Win.

He remote assisted me to the point of no return.

in the end he gave me another copy of windows with a new license key and said throw that build away

do you develop?

are you in the canary build?

if not, its not probably going to be needed unless you ever phone support...

but, yeah, just becasuse you dont know what it is doesnt mean it isnt needed

ive been trying to get the old code for seperating skype and windows accounts to work again.

microsoft say its no longer possible

how many times do you think i will attempt before accepting defeat? Never

i dont even mind the occassional electric shock (max 350watts or my heart goes funny for days) doing it.

and if i ever get it working and it gets released.

do you think i care, that you dont know what it is or what it does?

<Moderated>

Have a nice day

<Moderated>

Richard Sebire, Feb 7, 2017
  3. What is the point of reservation?

This update is not required to get Windows 10, you can still get it even though you don't get the notification. Just download it on July 29th 2015 when it becomes available. You will have one year to do so. The Reserve app is just a reminder/notification
    for its availability.

You have persons who will go through 365 days of the year and then tell you one year later, they didn't know Microsoft was giving away Windows 10 for free.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 7, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

It's designed for windows portable devices like phones and tablets.

swarfega, Feb 7, 2017
  5. batlhilz Win User
    Well umm, Surface pro 4 is windows portable device (tablet)?

To topic starter - you might wanna check your drivers more closely if it doesnt really turn on the 3G/wifi/bluetooth with airplane mode.

batlhilz, Feb 7, 2017
  6. rjbinney Win User
    Check driversmore closely for what? Just to make sure they're up to date? Or is there something else?

and just to clarify... WiFi remains ON when airplane mode is also ON. To me, expected behavior should be WiFi OFF when Airplane mode is ON.

rjbinney, Feb 7, 2017
  7. Yes on all my laptop as soon as I click the Airplane Mode my WI-FI shuts down

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Choose what it shuts off:

What is the Point of Airplane Mode? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 7, 2017
  9. rjbinney Win User
    That's the sound I just made as I slapped my forehead.

Thanks!

rjbinney, Feb 7, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    LOL! *Thumbs

Edwin, Feb 7, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    Yea the Surface 4 is considered another tablet which would have fully featured airplane mode. Typically with laptops, you would have to manually disable the wifi.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What is the Point of Airplane Mode? - Similar Threads - Point Airplane Mode

2. airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode: airplane mode will not give me the option to turn it offright now, i am using a separate computer because i cannot get onto chrome or any other web browser without wifiever since i turned on my computer today, i opened chrome and it said i had no internet connection. easy...
  3. AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AIRPLANE MODE: Hi I am having problems with the airplane mode, I am unable to turn it on, I tried also as administrator but is still turn it off and I cant enable it. Any suggestions?As administrator I tried with this command: reg add...
  4. airplane mode

airplane mode: my laptop dell e 5500 stuck in airplane modegreyed out.wifi and bluetooth also not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/8279347e-ccc8-4b4f-92f8-12655238ce1b
  5. Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode: my airplane mode will not cut off...greyed ot. i cant use wifi......help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/b6430fc4-e859-4b5d-b3df-2723d59384be
  6. Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode: While I am participating in webinars on Zoom, my computer automatically turns on Airplane Mode. How can I stop that from happening. By default Airplane Mode is turned off. I think it may be a power saving setting that triggers Airplane Mode to ON, but I haven't found that...
  7. Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode: Hi, I am not able to turn off Airplane Mode for my laptop Lenovo Yoga 520. Can someone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/4c349a97-f2dc-4484-96a8-4efbc542ada1
  8. Airplane mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Airplane mode: *Banghead Please help, my laptop is stuck in airplane mode and cannot move it to connect to the web i do not know how it happened but i cannot do anything i have tried all the fixes in you tube and the net but nothing is working , the radio buttons are greyed out nothing...
  9. airplane mode

airplane mode: airplane mode keeps turning on randomly shutting off my network connection, even when I shut it off. How do I get rid of airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/674d8079-485a-4ed2-87a4-d304a593745b
  10. Airplane mode

Airplane mode: My airplane mode is stuck and it always stays on i cant switch it off even in settings or using Fn and prt screen. what d i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode/21bcb088-4237-4403-8799-d35389976b1c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the point of airplane mode