Windows 10: What is the point of having a Windows 10 PC if it can be compromised?

Discus and support What is the point of having a Windows 10 PC if it can be compromised? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the point of having a Windows 10 PC if it can be compromised all the time: I've been using Windows since Xp. Having been a bit of a nerd for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Bee, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Mr Bee Win User

What is the point of having a Windows 10 PC if it can be compromised?

What is the point of having a Windows 10 PC if it can be compromised all the time: I've been using Windows since Xp. Having been a bit of a nerd for some time working with various types of machines Firstly Sony, then various other models and progresssing onto building some really fast machines before settling in with mu Intel NUC's. On all these machines I have found that they invariably lose their integrity within weeks of a fresh clean installation, no matter what Anti Virus or Firewall is installed. I have even left a fresh installed Windows 10 computer with nothing on it except access to Amazon Prime. Now 3 weeks later it has just been compromised with someone using it! This to me is unacceptable and therefore I am personally kicking Windows out of my systems. 15 years of continuous breeches of my security makes me laugh as everyone by now must have at least a bit of my info somewhere. Nothing is secret with a wondows computer, so I ask why do we even bother with it. I suppose an offline system is okay but that becomes redundant when one has to go online to access the information required. The only computer I actually trust is my iPad. I've been told that even that is insecure. I also used Linuxmint for several months before that was compromised. The question is where do we go from here? Without security there is no point in having a computer. For a few years now I have noticed the unfamiliars are washing their hands of computers. Now we are even being told to reset our Samsung TV's that have bee compromised... There is no future without security so, I urge you all to dump Windows and see what happens... Maybe they will pick up on the fact that with no security then there is no computer...

:)

Mr Bee, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 25, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. What is the point of having a Windows 10 PC if it can be compromised? - Similar Threads - point having compromised

2. Compromised PC, What are creative defense techniques?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compromised PC, What are creative defense techniques?: Hello all, As we speak I am deep in the trenches of investigation on what I firmly believe is a compromised PC all the way up to control of system files and folders, remote access that I must not be able to see or my ISP. Pretty knowledgeable with computers, but definitely...
  3. Compromised PC, What are creative defense techniques?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compromised PC, What are creative defense techniques?: Hello all, As we speak I am deep in the trenches of investigation on what I firmly believe is a compromised PC all the way up to control of system files and folders, remote access that I must not be able to see or my ISP. Pretty knowledgeable with computers, but definitely...
  4. i think my pc is compromised

i think my pc is compromised: When I opened my laptop today I saw a new app shortcut named "cc cleaner" on my desktop. I haven't installed it by myself. I don't know if it is a virus. I deleted all suspicious files in my system including some torrent files I downloaded recently .I don't have any antivirus...
  5. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  6. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  7. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

8. request for a risk that a PC notebook was compromise

request for a risk that a PC notebook was compromise: Dear Mister, Miss,i'm french, but i'm writting in english in order to increase the probability to have a good answer logical, accurate, with a good technical guidance for a novice like meBy advance, i apologize if i made mistakes in my sentences...context:1 in order to check...
  9. What is the point of having an uninstall option in windows update if the update is just...

What is the point of having an uninstall option in windows update if the update is just...: What is the point of having an uninstall option in windows update if the update is just reinstalled on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/what-is-the-point-of-having-an-uninstall-option-in/0242938e-1a04-4717-a75a-07c680ca4644"
  10. Can not create Windows 10 restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can not create Windows 10 restore point: Tried to create a Windows 10 restore point. It failed, claiming a "non transient error," and error 0x800423F4. Ran scf / scannow and no errors were found. Put the PC in safe mode with networking and in safe mode without networking and found that there was no way to...