Windows 10: What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

Discus and support What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SilenceSGolden, Apr 24, 2024.

1. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS verified apps and switch out of S Mode. I uninstalled the updates and I still get the message. Ready to go back to a desktop. Guess next step is to see if my apps will open on my old Mac. Wow! What a nightmare if you are in the midst of school finals and have to deal with this. Who else is having this problem?

:)

SilenceSGolden, Apr 24, 2024
  2. none_191 Win User

S MODE

Why is S MODE not listed on ANY of the product specs when buying a laptop? Ive had to return 3 systems due to this **** garbage.

none_191, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Apr 24, 2024
  4. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

S mode deactivation.

Hi jeremiascalderon,

This might be due to corrupted Windows Store cache. To resolve this issue, please reset the Store cache by following the steps below:

1. Click the Start menu button.
    2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

In addition, you can refer to this article on how to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

1. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”? - Similar Threads - point paying apps

2. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...
  3. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...
  4. SO what is the point of windows 'S' mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SO what is the point of windows 'S' mode.: All the many problems I have incurred on this machine Ranging from: unable to install software for my mainstream satnav To regular performance issues 'labouriously slow loading of microsoft edge' and '100s of Problem reports about 12 different sources that have stopped...
  5. SO what is the point of windows 'S' mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SO what is the point of windows 'S' mode.: All the many problems I have incurred on this machine Ranging from: unable to install software for my mainstream satnav To regular performance issues 'labouriously slow loading of microsoft edge' and '100s of Problem reports about 12 different sources that have stopped...
  6. Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations: Howdy,I have an HP Notebook 15 running Windows 10 Home in S Mode. I am aware that I can take it out of S Mode, but that, if I do, I can't go back to S Mode. I have read about the advantages of S Mode and am trying to keep it that way. Unfortunately, while there is supposedly...
  7. Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations: Howdy,I have an HP Notebook 15 running Windows 10 Home in S Mode. I am aware that I can take it out of S Mode, but that, if I do, I can't go back to S Mode. I have read about the advantages of S Mode and am trying to keep it that way. Unfortunately, while there is supposedly...
  8. Windows 10 S Mode Randomly Restarting - Can't Diagnose Due to S Mode Limitations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can you just pay to get out of S Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you just pay to get out of S Mode?: My new beautiful laptop is useless. I can not work or function the way that is valuable to me because for at least 2 weeks I have tried to get out of S mode. Does anyone know if you can pay to get out?...
  10. Zoom app to use for laptop with Windiows 10 In S mode?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Zoom app to use for laptop with Windiows 10 In S mode?: I want to find the correct app from the Windows app store to use with my laptop to run Zoom. All my office meetings are using Zoom not SKYPE. Thanks for your help!...