Windows 10: what is the problem in this batch file?

Discus and support what is the problem in this batch file? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi there so i created an normal sfc/scannow and dism repair bat cuz idk why and i was adding wierd things and just basically random things i am pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zunayed Eshan1, May 21, 2024.

1. what is the problem in this batch file?

hi there so i created an normal sfc/scannow and dism repair bat cuz idk why and i was adding wierd things and just basically random things i am pretty sure i did everthing right but when i like open the file it opens for split second like just like 1 frame and closes so i need help on whats the issue here is the batch file@echo off :: Set text color to black foreground on white background color F0 :: Loop to display ASCII art with changing background colors :loop set /a num=%Random% %%9+1 color %num% :: Display ASCII art logo echo. echo _ _ _ echo

:)

Zunayed Eshan1, May 21, 2024
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, May 21, 2024
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, May 21, 2024
  4. Steevo Win User

what is the problem in this batch file?

Batch file to ping network

No, batch files are extremely easy.

A "If" requires three extra steps.

Code is not how much you can put in, but how lite can you make it and still perform the functions.

So

@ echo off

ping 1.4.1.4 >a.txt

findstr /m "Request timed out" a.txt
    if %errorlevel%%==0 (
    echo Save our nets!!!
    )

pause

Steevo, May 21, 2024
Thema:

what is the problem in this batch file?

1. what is the problem in this batch file? - Similar Threads - problem batch file

2. what is the problem in this batch file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the problem in this batch file?: hi there so i created an normal sfc/scannow and dism repair bat cuz idk why and i was adding wierd things and just basically random things i am pretty sure i did everthing right but when i like open the file it opens for split second like just like 1 frame and closes so i...
  3. what is the problem in this batch file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the problem in this batch file?: hi there so i created an normal sfc/scannow and dism repair bat cuz idk why and i was adding wierd things and just basically random things i am pretty sure i did everthing right but when i like open the file it opens for split second like just like 1 frame and closes so i...
  4. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  5. Batch Files

Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  6. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?: What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files? Ex:@echo offset /p var="Enter no.: "set /p var2="Enter no.: "set /a result=%var%+%var2%echo Your result is %result%pauseexit /b...
  7. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?: What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files? Ex:@echo offset /p var="Enter no.: "set /p var2="Enter no.: "set /a result=%var%+%var2%echo Your result is %result%pauseexit /b...
  8. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  10. Batch File Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File Problem: So I want to backup my saved game files after each time I play, as there is a bug after the latest patch that can delete your saves. Figured better to be safe then sorry. Now I found the following online and edited to my info... Code: @echo off cd "D:\Must Keep\Game & Other...