Windows 10: What Is the Problem With Explorer?

Discus and support What Is the Problem With Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Win10 Ver. 1809. Will someone tell me why the Sam Hill it takes Explorer 10 years to open a folder/directory whether it's on 1 of my data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gplea, Dec 7, 2019.

1. gplea Win User

What Is the Problem With Explorer?

I'm using Win10 Ver. 1809.

Will someone tell me why the Sam Hill it takes Explorer 10 years to open a folder/directory whether it's on 1 of my data drives on a pretty fast Seagate ST1000LM024 SATA drive, or looking at the storage on my phone it takes aeons to show the contents. What do I have to do to increase the speed? I don't really care what it's doing, I just want to know what to do to fix it.*really

Thanks,
    GPL

:)

gplea, Dec 7, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Dec 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. What Is the Problem With Explorer? - Similar Threads - Problem Explorer

2. How do i fix this problem with file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix this problem with file explorer?: My file explorer crashes as soon as i try to open it, any thing related to using file explorer will not work, i cant get access to any of my files but programs and apps workI cant seem to post a video of the problem but as soon as i click it the loading icon on the cursor...
  3. How do i fix this problem with file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix this problem with file explorer?: My file explorer crashes as soon as i try to open it, any thing related to using file explorer will not work, i cant get access to any of my files but programs and apps workI cant seem to post a video of the problem but as soon as i click it the loading icon on the cursor...
  4. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  5. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  6. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

7. Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?: Sometime in the last month or two, File Explorer in Win 11 went from auto sorting as you made changes to files in a window, to only properly sorting the window if you leave it and then return. Another changed seems to be that you no longer can use the path bar to move files...
  8. Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?

Did File Explorer get nerfed or am I having a problem with my computer?: Sometime in the last month or two, File Explorer in Win 11 went from auto sorting as you made changes to files in a window, to only properly sorting the window if you leave it and then return. Another changed seems to be that you no longer can use the path bar to move files...
  9. Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.

Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.: I have a problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer in one set of images, where I want sequential numbers.I select all, then in first image name, right select and then choose rename, and replace the name with 01 and hit return. It then names them 01, 01, 2, 2,...
  10. Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.: I have a problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer in one set of images, where I want sequential numbers.I select all, then in first image name, right select and then choose rename, and replace the name with 01 and hit return. It then names them 01, 01, 2, 2,...