Windows 10: What Is the Problem With Explorer?

Discus and support What Is the Problem With Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Win10 Ver. 1809. Will someone tell me why the Sam Hill it takes Explorer 10 years to open a folder/directory whether it's on 1 of my data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gplea, Dec 7, 2019.

1. gplea Win User

What Is the Problem With Explorer?

I'm using Win10 Ver. 1809.

Will someone tell me why the Sam Hill it takes Explorer 10 years to open a folder/directory whether it's on 1 of my data drives on a pretty fast Seagate ST1000LM024 SATA drive, or looking at the storage on my phone it takes aeons to show the contents. What do I have to do to increase the speed? I don't really care what it's doing, I just want to know what to do to fix it.*really

Thanks,
    GPL

:)

gplea, Dec 7, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Dec 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. What Is the Problem With Explorer? - Similar Threads - Problem Explorer

2. Problem with win explorer and text docs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with win explorer and text docs.: So I'm having a problem with my computers storage becoming unresponsive the drives seem fine as I can still use them as normal but windows explorer refuses to load them properly I have 3 drives a 512g SSD for the OS and a 1tb SSD and a 4tb hard drive, its bazaar as I can...
  3. I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have problem with external Hard Drive same is detected in system but file explorer same...: I can use pen drive but unable to use external hard drive I tried no of hard drive which are working with another Laptop Windows updated Installed update drivers checked with USB Pen drive Working properly Used SD Card same is working properly only External Hard...
  4. Still having a problem with Windows Explorer freezing taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still having a problem with Windows Explorer freezing taskbar.: My OS is completely up-to-date but this problem is still occurring. I know that I can open Task Manager and restart Explorer, but it's such a drag having to do that at least twice a day. Any fixes that you know about? Cheers m'dears. submitted by /u/Dhorlin [link]...
  5. After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 File explorer has problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 File explorer has problems: File explorer fails when you click on the app on the task bar. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xc3041aa6 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xf96f12ee Exception code: 0xe06d7363 Fault...
  6. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  7. Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open

Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open: Hi, we have a problem with Onedrive Business in Windows 10. When opening files direct from the Explorer Window the timeglas is shown the the file does not open at all it just times out file show as syncronised. Though when opening the same file directly from a program it...
  8. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer and Windows Installer problem

Windows 10 File Explorer and Windows Installer problem: Whenever I launch File explorer, windows installer starts and tries to install something but never completes, then after a while both close. Also, I am unable to launch anything with RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, again windows installer launches and after a while crashes or quits....
  10. Problems with File Explorer since Windows 10 Update in July 2019

Problems with File Explorer since Windows 10 Update in July 2019: Since installing a Windows 10 Update onto my pc on 27th July 2019 I have been experiencing problems with displaying photos in a folder in File Explorer. This folder contains nearly 16,000 photos and videos taken since December 2010. I set this folder up by right clicking in...