Windows 10: What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

Discus and support What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of the latest update. VERY ANGRY WITH MICROSOFT!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraciePetras, Jul 16, 2020.

1. What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of the latest update. VERY ANGRY WITH MICROSOFT!

:)

TraciePetras, Jul 16, 2020

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 16, 2020
  3. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Akihiko Win User

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

1. What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of... - Similar Threads - procedure remove latest

2. My user accounts are no longer functional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My user accounts are no longer functional: My computer, Windows 10, was frozed so I was forced to do a hard reboot. When it came back up it, the login was different. It asked for a password rather than my pin and the password does not work. There are no other login options. I was able to use a Windows 10 install...
  3. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  4. Latest update broke my laptop

Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  5. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  6. Latest Update removed everything on my machine!

Latest Update removed everything on my machine!: latest update removed all my task-bar shortcuts, most of the shortcuts on my desktop! I install my design engineering software on a second drive and the new update did not include any of them in the apps on the start. I spent the day yesterday going through windows explorer...
  7. Windows Update no longer functions

Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  8. Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Latest update on my laptop..terrible: Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks. This is like having...
  9. Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop

Weatherbug will no longer function on my desktop: I've tried repairing the app, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, with no result. Here's what it looks like -- just a white blank where all the info should appear....
  10. What is the procedure to reinstall in the future?

What is the procedure to reinstall in the future?: So, I took advantage of Microsoft's offer and am running Windows 10 on my laptop now. However, my laptop came with Windows 7. If my hard drive dies, or I decide to get a new hard drive, I have to use my System Restore discs to reinstall my OS. BUT, it will then be Windows...