Windows 10: What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

Discus and support What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of the latest update. VERY ANGRY WITH MICROSOFT!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraciePetras, Jul 16, 2020.

1. What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of the latest update. VERY ANGRY WITH MICROSOFT!

:)

TraciePetras, Jul 16, 2020

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 16, 2020
  3. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Akihiko Win User

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of...

1. What is the procedure to remove the latest update? my laptop no longer functions because of... - Similar Threads - procedure remove latest

2. MALWARE: What’s The ULTIMATE Removal Procedure??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MALWARE: What’s The ULTIMATE Removal Procedure??: Let’s be honest MALWARE is overpowering any Antivirus software on the market, and although Windows Defender is nice for low hanging fruit, in reality its server dependency is an open door that can lead to more intrusion than it can repel. Is why it’s called Windows OS? I read...
  3. MALWARE: What’s The ULTIMATE Removal Procedure??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MALWARE: What’s The ULTIMATE Removal Procedure??: Let’s be honest MALWARE is overpowering any Antivirus software on the market, and although Windows Defender is nice for low hanging fruit, in reality its server dependency is an open door that can lead to more intrusion than it can repel. Is why it’s called Windows OS? I read...
  4. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  5. What is the Procedure to ... ?

What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  6. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 21H1. "Update" is no longer functional. Update Troubleshooter not functional.

Windows 21H1. "Update" is no longer functional. Update Troubleshooter not functional.: Where can I get a full version dvd of Windows 10 Pro? I paid Microsoft Store $99 for WIN 10 Pro Upgrade, but it is download only. The problem is that the download does not work because of the "Update" Function I assume. "Update" and Update Troubleshooter don't function. MS...
  8. Functions and Procedures for dyslexics

Functions and Procedures for dyslexics: Hi, I'm trying to understand Procedures and Functions (Using Oshonsoft BASIC) Here is the example for Procedures: Code: Dim in_only As Byte Dim inc_me As Byte Dim add_inc_me_and_in_only As Byte in_only = 5 inc_me = 10 Call testbyref(in_only, inc_me, add_inc_me_and_in_only)...
  9. Latest update removal?

Latest update removal?: I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the 12th oct update cause getting used to it just endlessly irks me. Little things like not automatically having the search bar prioritised when I open a new tab of chrome, to the way the ui now looks when you right click an icon in the...
  10. Windows Update no longer functions

Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...