Windows 10: what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?

Discus and support what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows 22H2?I find windows hello login but no setting for FIDO key.2. stackoverflow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 2AI, Mar 2, 2024.

1. 2AI
    2AI Win User

what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?

1. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows 22H2?I find windows hello login but no setting for FIDO key.2. stackoverflow said FIDO key saved in TPM, but if TPM is compromised, will it expose all public key and private key of FIDO key even Google and Facebook account key also compromised?3. I find FIDO key can change PIN in window, but if this TPM for all google, microsoft, facebook, amazon etc accounts used same PIN? or each account different PIN? I just set same PIN for all accounts?I am thinking to change PIN but afraid of Google , facebook, amazon account did

:)

2. AleSil Win User

fido U2F support in Windows and Office

For a while, a 3rd party software like
    Rohos
    can be used for Windows login with U2F key.

AleSil, Mar 2, 2024
  3. DenRoy Win User
    FIDO / U2F Support in Windows 10

Greetings Phil,

I have just hung up the phone with Microsoft Technical Support on this issue:

While Microsoft has
    announced plans to support it in Windows 10 in 2015-02
    , as of now (2015-09) it is not yet supported and no other information is available.

Work is being done in the new Edge browser (Codename:
    Spartan) but I could not get a confirmation on whether similar developement is also being done for Windows Login.

For what it's worth, you may cast your vote for this particular feature request on the Windows 10 Uservoice webpage

here

In the meantime, for Yubikey owners there is always
    Yubico Windows Login
    for local machine logins.

Have a nice day,

Den Roy

DenRoy, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

W3C & FIDO Alliance Finalize Web Standard Secure, Passwordless Logins

Source: https://www.w3.org/2019/03/pressrele...hn-rec.html.en

Brink, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

1. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows? - Similar Threads - procedure force FIDO

2. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...: 1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM traffic and even denied user account system and backup operator and have configured well in all security setting in Setting...
  3. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card...: 1. what else security enhancement can do after used FIDO key to login or use smart card authentication to login and removed login cache and denied NTLM traffic and even denied user account system and backup operator and have configured well in all security setting in Setting...
  4. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?

what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows?: 1. what is the procedure to use and force to use FIDO key to login windows 22H2?I find windows hello login but no setting for FIDO key.2. stackoverflow said FIDO key saved in TPM, but if TPM is compromised, will it expose all public key and private key of FIDO key even Google...
  5. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  6. What is the Procedure to ... ?

What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  7. force printer use

force printer use: is there a method to force Brothers Printers to use the windows 10 software, even if the PC is now using windows 11. All four printers are MFC-J805DW-XL and worked perfectly on Windows 10 but none work on the upgrade windows 11. error codes include: USB not connected when it...
  8. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  9. What ports do the forced upgrades use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What ports do the forced upgrades use?: Microsoft uses ports to send updates through to it's devices. MS Win 10 devices use ports to send data back to MS to continue building our Microsoft's User Profile (MUP). The Question: Which ports and/or domains (IP #s would be great) do they use to force their updates?...
  10. What use is saving login details?

in Windows 10 Support
    What use is saving login details?: For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any...