Windows 10: What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?

Discus and support What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am writing to find out what the application that writes this 'Program' in Task Manager is. I do not have any problems with my device, but I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Emircan Çetinkaya, Oct 28, 2020.

1. What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?

What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab? 0c87d5c0-23c8-4423-8bec-676b7dc573a1?upload=true.png

I am writing to find out what the application that writes this 'Program' in Task Manager is. I do not have any problems with my device, but I wonder why this program is there in terms of security, I hope I could explain.

:)

Emircan Çetinkaya, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Edenuzki Win User

Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that
    the programs I want to start are not listed (Steam and Discord)

Here is a screenshot of my task manager startup tab if you need it. (A lot of programs have been removed from it for some reason)

https://puu.sh/Dyunv/6b1a653db7.png

Help would be appreciated on how to add these programs back.

Thank you.

Edenuzki, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

Hey Guys,
    This is my first post here as I just joined, but the timing was good as I had this same unknown "program" show up in Task Manager yesterday and didn't know what to make of it. Then I came across your thread here and decided to try Topgundcp's suggestion of adding the 'command line' to the category headings and it worked (tipping the hat to Topgundcp)! The unknown program apparently belongs to Send Anywhere, which would make sense as I believe it had recently been tagged as a pup and quarantined on my system... Thanks for the help....

What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab? [​IMG]

ScottATL999, Oct 28, 2020
  4. mad4some Win User

What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1 Thanks!

mad4some, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?

1. What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab? - Similar Threads - Program program showing

2. What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Program in Startup tab in Task Manager on Windows 10? Is it safe?: If you open Task Manager and go to the Startup tab, it lists the programs that are registered in the Startup group or the Run key to run automatically when you sign in. But you might see an entry called simply Program, with a blank icon and no publisher. In this post, we...
  3. What is this "program" in the startup tab in my laptop's task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this "program" in the startup tab in my laptop's task manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Triankh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld455m/what_is_this_program_in_the_startup_tab_in_my/
  4. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  5. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager: Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager). There are two registry entries in Computer\HKEY_USERS\ ... (etc.) ending with ...\program.exe\shell\open\command It does...
  6. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  7. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  8. What are the program programs in the startup tab in taskmgr.exe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are the program programs in the startup tab in taskmgr.exe?: [ATTACH]I saw the startup page and there are 3 program programs open file location and properties are grayed out. i diasabled them and i want to know what they are...
  9. What is the Program "program" showing up in Windows 10 Task Manager Startup tab?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the Program "program" showing up in Windows 10 Task Manager Startup tab?: I have a program on the startup tab named "program". When I right click on it to see its location; I saw 'open file location' and 'properties' are grayed. Can anyone have any idea what is this? What should I do with it? Please reply. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...