Windows 10: What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...

Discus and support What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just reformatted my C: drive and had to install a fresh Windows 10. I am having trouble with the default user an admin, connected to a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theJuzzle, Jan 28, 2022.

1. theJuzzle Win User

What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...

I've just reformatted my C: drive and had to install a fresh Windows 10. I am having trouble with the default user an admin, connected to a Microsoft account using an outlook.com account and it occurs to me what's the point of doing that? Why not just create a local account? I realise there's something in it for Microsoft, but seriously, what's in it for us?I don't want my desktop or other settings mirrored across other devices they have different use cases.My office apps are activated via Work Accounts - not the Microsoft AccountMy OneDrives are Business versions - I don't use the free on

:)

theJuzzle, Jan 28, 2022

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Pro (1703): Unable to create new user accounts

Corrupt User Profiles are common in Windows, especially after the upgrade from Windows 8.1/7 to Windows 10, and various solutions for this problem could be applied, depending on the situation and error message you receive. Users say that user profile can
    become corrupted because a lot of things, so we don’t know exactly what causing this issue.

Follow these workaround to create a new user profile.

• Restart your computer, and login to the admin account again (it’s better to use this account, than account you just created)
    • Navigate to the corrupt user account (it’s on the disk you have Windows installed on (usually CWhat is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10... :), under Users)
    • Open your corrupted user profile and copy content form it to your new user profile
    • Once everything is done, logout from your admin account, and log back in to the new account, and your settings should be transferred.
    Also, check if you enabling hidden admin account will resolve the issue. Follow the steps provided below.

• Restart your computer and boot into
      Safe Mode.
    • Open Command Prompt (by right-clicking on the Start Menu button, and choosing Command Prompt Admin)
    • Type in the following command and press Enter: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should get “The command completed successfully” message. Reboot your computer.

You have activated the admin account, and it will be available to login on the next boot. So, when your computer starts, just login into the admin account and follow the steps below, to create a new user profile:

• Go to Settings, and then to Accounts
    • Go to Family and other users
    • Click on Add someone else to this computer
    • Follow the instructions and finish the creation of new users profile.

We hope this solution helped you to restore your user profile.

Haidae Tam, Jan 28, 2022
  4. What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...

How to porepare a recycled computer for new user's Microsoft?

Hi,

Before you delete your account, I suggest you to create a local account for your daughter and give her admin privileges. To know how to create an local account on Windows 10, you can follow the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

The next step is to convert this local account into Admin Account. This can be done via the old method way. In case you have your account as Admin Account, you can use local admin account so you don’t need to share your password or PIN every time the OS
    prompts for elevated privilege.

• Go to User Settings (classic)
    • Now select Manage user account.
    • Select the local account you just created, and switch the profile to Administrator.
    Once you created the account, you can delete your account.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...

1. What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10... - Similar Threads - purpose creating Microsoft

2. Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions: I am trying to create an admin account for myself a work. I am currently using an old account from a previous employee as all other accounts are password protected. I nor my employers have the passwords for any of these accounts. The password protected accounts are admin...
  3. What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...: I've just reformatted my C: drive and had to install a fresh Windows 10. I am having trouble with the default user an admin, connected to a Microsoft account using an outlook.com account and it occurs to me what's the point of doing that? Why not just create a local account?...
  4. What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the purpose of creating a Microsoft-linked admin user on a new Windows 10...: I've just reformatted my C: drive and had to install a fresh Windows 10. I am having trouble with the default user an admin, connected to a Microsoft account using an outlook.com account and it occurs to me what's the point of doing that? Why not just create a local account?...
  5. Creating non-admin user for daily use- Should both user profiles be linked to Microsoft? Or...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating non-admin user for daily use- Should both user profiles be linked to Microsoft? Or...: I only have an admin user profile linked to Microsoft on my PC. I want an additional user profile for safe, daily use. Should I create a new admin user, and revoke admin privileges to this original user profile? Or the opposite?More importantly, should I create this new...
  6. How to create a new admin user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to create a new admin user account: I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-admin-user-account/cbf0d022-3fee-4615-8c67-d5f1038ed86d
  7. Creating a new user on WIndows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a new user on WIndows 10: Can someone signpost me to some decent instructions on how to create new users on my laptop using an email address. I tried to do it yesterday and I can indeed log into it from the lock screen but I seem to have created two top level folders called ngwil and...
  8. Windows 10. Creating a new folder creates a new link instead.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10. Creating a new folder creates a new link instead.: Good morning, I can't create new folders because whenever I try it creates a new link instead. (Ctrl+shift+N doesn't work) The only way I can create it is through Command Prompt with "mkdir". Can you help me? I can't restore. Thank you...
  9. what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?: My part of it is over 5. Gb. Could it all be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-purpose-of-cusers-folder/a25b2cad-43a0-487a-86ae-592b4ab5d38c"
  10. How are Aria Debug files created and what is there purpose?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How are Aria Debug files created and what is there purpose?: They appeared after trying to sync my Extra One Drive to my D Drive. Where are these files normally located on a computer? what is there purpose? Why can't I delete them? Can they break my computer? [ATTACH]...