Windows 10: What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

Discus and support What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm curious but I noticed that a few people install 2 RTX 2080 Ti graphic cards in their computers. Why do people do this? Are there games that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CerebralFreeze, Nov 13, 2020.

1. What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

I'm curious but I noticed that a few people install 2 RTX 2080 Ti graphic cards in their computers.

Why do people do this?

Are there games that actually require this much processing power? Is upscaling and playing 4k movies perfectly require this? Or, is it merely for bitcoin mining?

Thanks for anyone with a pretty good idea.

:)

CerebralFreeze, Nov 13, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 13, 2020
  4. What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

1. What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards? - Similar Threads - Purpose Graphics Cards

2. What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?: pci\ ven_8086&dev_9a03&subsys_15391025&rev_05\ 3&11583659&0&20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-device-and-what-is-it/392ce0a1-31e2-4d20-909f-4455ea644848
  3. What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?: pci\ ven_8086&dev_9a03&subsys_15391025&rev_05\ 3&11583659&0&20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-device-and-what-is-it/392ce0a1-31e2-4d20-909f-4455ea644848
  4. What is AppVshNotify.exe and what is it’s purpose?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is AppVshNotify.exe and what is it’s purpose?: I encountered an exe file in details on Task Manager called AppVshNotify.exe, I have never seen it before but it says it’s Microsoft.I performed a virus scan and found nothing and the directory was C:/Program Files/Common Files/microsoft shared/clicktorunIs this a normal...
  5. Running two graphics cards (NVDIA and AMD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running two graphics cards (NVDIA and AMD): Hello, I am currently using Windows 10 but I’m wanting to dual boot my pc to have both windows 10 and Linux distro so I can use it for virtualization. Basically, I currently have a 2070 graphics card but I’m wanting to get an AMD 5600 or something to pass through to my...
  6. Graphics card is not recognized, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card is not recognized, what to do?: Hello, A few days ago I noticed that I got an update for my graphics card, then I went to the Nvidia app for my PC and did this update there. Later I noticed that my graphics card is not recognized anymore, in the device manager it says that the device was stopped because...
  7. Use for two different Graphics cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  8. Two graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two graphics cards: How to change Intel HD display Adapter to Nvidia display adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-graphics-cards/3d9053b1-8e5a-4d43-bdc9-77910db542a5
  9. Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards

Two (non-matching) Graphics Cards: Hi folks, just installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have two graphics cards, an NVidia GeForce 970 and an NVidia GeForce 570 Ti. I keep both in my rig, in spite of the fact that they can't SLi, because I use the 570 Ti as a PhsyX card and to drive two of my four monitors....
  10. What is the best driver for this graphics card ?

What is the best driver for this graphics card ?: Hello, can i ask you what is the best driver for this graphics card ? i have this one installed: (Versão do software Radeon - 16.12.2Edição do software Radeon - Crimson ReLiveChipset gráfico - AMD Radeon(TM) R2 GraphicsTamanho da memória - 512 MBTipo de memória -...