Windows 10: What is the reasoning behind trash services? Every single windows iteration includes a new...

Discus and support What is the reasoning behind trash services? Every single windows iteration includes a new... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought, I've seen everything. I thought, there are no more stupidity left in the world to happen. Mistake. There are so many useful services,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kardfogú, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Kardfogú Win User

What is the reasoning behind trash services? Every single windows iteration includes a new...

I thought, I've seen everything.

I thought, there are no more stupidity left in the world to happen.

Mistake.

There are so many useful services, disabled by default. Just like Volume Shadow Copy, which could have saved hundreds and thousands of written pages, family photos and other important data for my clients.

There are so many useless bloatware-like service enabled by default, that which never helped anyone ever.

I've seen "Prefetch", which was supposed to load all your common use tools and software.
    It did exactly that. Like literally all of them the moment you log into your machine, just so you have to wait minutes before you have access to your desktop on a high end PC, instead of loading everything slow and steady in the background.

One hell of a failure.

I've seen several others.

Now what? One would expect, Microsoft learns from all the "disable this and suddenly your PC works" type of services.

We at IT have a whole list of services to disable - and wrote scripts to do so - just so a fresh new installation starts working. At all. The machine boots up and waits for user input. That's why we have computers in the first place by the way.

I honestly believe, Microsoft software developers have no clue why we have computers in the first place, they totally have no idea why we have those. They just run by the idea that: "Ohhh, they must have computers in their offices so that they can watch Windows install the same update over and over. Why don't we make that more exciting by overloading their network with unused trash data if we are at it? That will surely make everyone happy."

No. What we got with the latest update is a new one on the list. Delivery Optimization, the new name for cancer. That's how I call cancer from now on. "My father had Delivery Optimization, he died in the most painful manner known to mankind."

What do IT stuff like? Working machines in a busy network generating profit and/or entertaining people in their homes.

What do you expect for IT to hate the most? Well, for example, a huge mess of overloaded network with terabytes of unneeded data flowing back and forth, blocking all communications, be it productive or entertainment purpose.

What does Delivery Optimization do? Exactly that, overloads network traffic with data not a single process is ever going to use. Nothing. It's not even proper updates, a windows client can download dozens of gigabytes of useless trash data, instead of just, let's say, downloading software updates in the correct manner, using minimal network traffic.

My question is simple: Why?

:)

Kardfogú, Sep 11, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile What is the reasoning behind trash services? Every single windows iteration includes a new... :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

What is the reasoning behind trash services? Every single windows iteration includes a new...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. What is the reasoning behind trash services? Every single windows iteration includes a new... - Similar Threads - reasoning behind trash

2. What's the reason behind Windows 11 installing old AMD Graphics Driver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the reason behind Windows 11 installing old AMD Graphics Driver ?: I have been manually installing AMD graphic drivers on my IdeaPad running windows 1122H2. With every windows update, it is forcing me to install an outdated graphics driver which I don't want....
  3. What's the reason behind Windows 11 installing old AMD Graphics Driver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the reason behind Windows 11 installing old AMD Graphics Driver ?: I have been manually installing AMD graphic drivers on my IdeaPad running windows 1122H2. With every windows update, it is forcing me to install an outdated graphics driver which I don't want....
  4. New update is trash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update is trash: Anyone else feeling like Windows gets worse with each update? This one takes the cake. Complete trash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-is-trash/d80b1468-d688-4ada-a6b8-c59ea1b3f04b
  5. New update is trash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update is trash: Anyone else feeling like Windows gets worse with each update? This one takes the cake. Complete trash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-is-trash/d80b1468-d688-4ada-a6b8-c59ea1b3f04b
  6. My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive started to fill up, at an insane rate, for no reason. What is the reason behind...: My C disk goes from 128 gbs free to 0 in a matter of minutes the shocking thing is that my laptop cant handle such speed. I turn off my wifi, it goes back to normal, once i turn it back on this shit still continues. I haven't visited any mallicious websites, and havent...
  7. What is C:\trash?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is C:\trash?: I recently built a new PC and installed a purchased copy of Windows 10 Home. I now am running a complete disk drive backup and on drive C I found a file called C:\trash. It has 45 GB in it with one folder called jpgwm1eu.defaultXXX dated the day I built the PC in December...
  8. What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the...: What if a Trojan is masquerading behind a service that communicates to the internet via the legitimate SVCHost Service ? All you see on your Firewall and Antivirus Logs is that the legitimate and Fully Allowed SVCHost Service is making communications to the Internet How to...
  9. What is the reason behind for spinning hard drive failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the reason behind for spinning hard drive failure?: Assume the hard drive is never dropped or crashed and always stable during working, what will usually be the reason for it to die at the end of day? Or just no reason? Which part of the electronics inside could deteriorate over time? 128363
  10. the real reasons behind all errors and bugs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the real reasons behind all errors and bugs?: why in any windows 10 builds there are a high rate of errors & bugs? when I'm thinking at Microsoft when they build a new operating system I imagine Microsoft is using high skill software engineers but windows 10 under the hood is obviously bad made by any means so...