Windows 10: What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.)

Discus and support What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why am I told there are no folders to show me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David J Gill, Feb 28, 2019.

1. What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.)

Why am I told there are no folders to show me?

:)

David J Gill, Feb 28, 2019
  2. GZ76 Win User

Recovery(DWhat is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.) :) problem

Hi! I have a hp laptop ,Just bought it 3 months ago and the recovery (DWhat is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.) :) is already nearly full.I would like to get a tip how to delete it.Can anyone help how?Thanks

3. menarez Win User
    brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.)

Not enough space on Recovery (DWhat is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.) :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DWhat is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.) :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.)

1. What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.) - Similar Threads - recovery folder Why

2. Windows.old folder on brand new laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows.old folder on brand new laptop?: So I bought a brand new Acer Nitro 5 laptop from Best Buy about 2 months ago and just now noticed a windows.old folder on my C: drive which is about 31GB in size. Is this normal for a new laptop and can I delete the folder without any harm to my pc? submitted by...
  3. Recovery Disk on pc is near full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Disk on pc is near full: my recovery disk is near full but I cannot access it to see what is on it. It just says 'Other' but uses up nearly the whole disk. I continually keep getting messages telling me that I need space but I have lots of space on my other disk and have no idea what is on this. What...
  4. What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk

What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk: Noticed this problem today. I have 1.54 free of 12.8 GB on my laptop. I never use Recovery D:, So I guess it automatically fills up when I save things? How do I free more space without deleting and altering?...
  5. D recovery partition full other issues as well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D recovery partition full other issues as well: Had dealt with an issue where duplicate files kept popping up on my windows 10, my administrator had become user and administrator and my other account lost its during an update. So I fixed that and I did a system factory restore, I remember it saying it was going to save a...
  6. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

Recovery Drive near full due to "preload": I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have no clue what to do about this. All other files arent taking up space unlike "preload" 13gb of a 15gb drive. What can I do...
  7. Full Recovery(D:) drive

Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  8. New Laptop - Recovery/DDrive full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Laptop - Recovery/DDrive full: How can I clear my DDrive? It's brand new and there is an issue with the DDrive being full. While I tried to clear the contents, it's a recovery partition. I have an HP Pavilion....
  9. Recovery D: ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D: ALMOST FULL: Computer running VERY SLOW so I decided to do some clean up. Went into storage there to see what I could do. The RECOVER STORAGE shows really full so I decided to investigate. I know you've got to be careful in this area of the computer so I was just investigating to start...
  10. Nearly brand new Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Nearly brand new Windows 10 won't boot: A few days ago I bought an HP Pavilion 510-p030 with Windows 10. For some reason the Windows bootup quickly broke. The computer was "idling" when things went wrong. I came home and saw the screen black. I powered it off, back on, and it failed to boot. When I try to boot,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery other folder

2. why is the other folder in recovery so full

3. recovery d other

4. why is my recovery drive almost full on a brand new pc what is in other folder,
  5. what to do if recovery drive is nearly full