Windows 10: What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

Discus and support What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack.pot, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Jack.pot Win User

What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

Good day,

What does this mean?

In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders.

It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key.

Entered value: Use the SHGetFolderPath or SHGetKnownFolderPath function instead.

What does it mean? It is safe?

Thank you so much for any reaction.

J. S.

:)

Jack.pot, Oct 21, 2019

2. ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 21, 2019
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Oct 21, 2019
  4. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

Windows Registry Key

Does anyone know which registry key(s) report(s) to software which OS you are running?

Thermopylae_480, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

1. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the... - Similar Threads - registry keys registry

2. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  3. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  4. What is this registry key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this registry key?: I found this while searching through the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-registry-key/2fa2391c-7926-448c-992a-49ca3f061a8a
  5. What is this registry key?

What is this registry key?: I found this while searching through the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-registry-key/2fa2391c-7926-448c-992a-49ca3f061a8a
  6. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  7. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  8. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. !do not use this registry key