Windows 10: What is the relationship between Win 10 and the motherboard?

Discus and support What is the relationship between Win 10 and the motherboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've read that in order for some folks to access UEFI/BIOS they need to go through a multi-step process in order to have the POST message displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ritjesman, Nov 5, 2020.

1. ritjesman Win User

What is the relationship between Win 10 and the motherboard?

I've read that in order for some folks to access UEFI/BIOS they need to go through a multi-step process in order to have the POST message displayed long to press whatever their "enter BIOS" key is. This implies to me that the OS is at least communicating on some level with the motherboard, Just for my sanity can Win 10:
    1. change UEFI/BIOS settings?
    2. change/flash firmware?
    3. flash BIOS?

If the answer to any of the above is "Yes" are the changes logged and where would I find the appropriate logs?

:)

ritjesman, Nov 5, 2020

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Muditha.B Win User
    Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement

I had a Windows 10 computer with a digital license that was linked to my Microsoft account. It was upgraded from a Windows 7 license. The motherboard of that PC had a defect so I had to throw it away. After that I removed that computer from the device list
    of my Microsoft account and used a Laptop for a while.

I don't have my old Win 7 key and I didn't even get a chance to extract the Win 10 key from the old motherboard. And now since I bought a new motherboard is it possible for me to activate a new installation of Windows 10 with my old license?

Muditha.B, Nov 5, 2020
  4. ceck3 Win User

Activating Win 10 after replacing Motherboard

I recently had to replace a motherboard on a Lenovo ThinkCentre due to a blown power supply. After recovering, Windows was not activated and I can't use the troubleshooter to remediate. This system was shipped with Win 7 Pro and upgraded to Win 10 during
    the free promotion offer.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get Win 10 reactivated in this scenario?

Also any thoughts on why Win 10 doesn't recognize the DVD or USB ports in File Explorer?

ceck3, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. What is the relationship between Win 10 and the motherboard? - Similar Threads - relationship between motherboard

2. What is the difference between ram and motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ram and motherboard?: TitleThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-ram-and-motherboard/536b9087-5733-4791-ab30-1e291588fc50
  3. What is the difference between ram and motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between ram and motherboard?: TitleThanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-ram-and-motherboard/536b9087-5733-4791-ab30-1e291588fc50
  4. what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?: what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-relationship-between-host-machine-ram/6f6840d9-ff87-4c8b-b4ca-c37c816f02ec
  5. what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?

what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines?: what is the relationship between Host machine RAM and number of hyper V virtual machines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-relationship-between-host-machine-ram/6f6840d9-ff87-4c8b-b4ca-c37c816f02ec
  6. What is the relationship between Microsoft Defender and the devices one can have with their...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the relationship between Microsoft Defender and the devices one can have with their...: I've got several Windows devices: two desktops, a laptop, two Microsoft Surfaces, etc. Recently MIcrosoft made MIcrosoft Defender available for personal use I think associated with MIcrosoft 365 Family Edition. I might have the names or details wrong. So, I started to put...
  7. What is the relationship between Microsoft Defender and the devices one can have with their...

What is the relationship between Microsoft Defender and the devices one can have with their...: I've got several Windows devices: two desktops, a laptop, two Microsoft Surfaces, etc. Recently MIcrosoft made MIcrosoft Defender available for personal use I think associated with MIcrosoft 365 Family Edition. I might have the names or details wrong. So, I started to put...
  8. Relationship between email address and Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Relationship between email address and Microsoft account: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 a Win 8.1 system running in a virtual machine on my Win 10 laptop. I am unable to sign in. The system displays two identical copies of my userid in the lower left corner of my screen. One of these choices allows me the option of logging...
  9. the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed: I am trying to map to a share on a VMware virtual server and I keep getting the trust relationship between this workstation and the domain failed error message. I have tried every conceivable suggestion on the web to resolve this issue including adding removing the computer...
  10. The relationship between My Documents and One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The relationship between My Documents and One Drive: Hello, I recently started using one drive on my new laptop because I believe its a great idea to back up all my data with minimal effort my end. Things have been going great for the most part. My only gripe with how it all works is what I will detail here. See the problem...