Windows 10: What is the Sequence for Windows 10 Updates and the expected duration?

Discus and support What is the Sequence for Windows 10 Updates and the expected duration? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Someone wrote: Microsoft has transformed what was once a straightforward procedure into a seemingly complicated process that varies according to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ac603xb, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ac603xb Win User

What is the Sequence for Windows 10 Updates and the expected duration?

Someone wrote:

Microsoft has transformed what was once a straightforward procedure into a seemingly complicated process that varies according to whether you have Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro or an enterprise or education edition. As a result, there have been lots of misperceptions about how Windows 10 Update works, and how to best use it.

I just did the Oct 2018 update for Win 10 ver 1809 (plus other items) on my laptop and it took forever. I started around noon with 100% on my battery and it is now about 5 pm and the battery power is about 57%. I have just finished clicking no to all the requests for my data and location but that is another story.

What is the actual downloading, waiting, installing, pending, restarting sequence and the expected durations for each? Is my security software causing the delay or does the laptop timeout and stop the updating sequence? Can you not tell the customer how long it will take and now much of my data plan will be eaten up before I start the Update??

:)

ac603xb, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 8, 2019
  4. What is the Sequence for Windows 10 Updates and the expected duration?

Unable to import task sequence for x64 to in-place upgrade to Windows 10 by task sequence.

Original Title: Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade

I am trying Windows-10 In-Place upgrade by downloading the task sequence from the below Microsoft website and following the steps as mentioned in the site (Below is the link which I am referring to )

Perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 using Configuration Manager (Windows 10)

I am able to successfully import the task sequence for Windowsx86, but when I am trying to import the same task sequence for x64, it's tries replace the exiting package (TS)

• Is it possible to rename the package name in the script, if possible please let me know how to do this
    • After the windows10 migration, administrator account is disabled and not able to login to the system. What would be the solution for this ?

Vivek_7_RR, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

What is the Sequence for Windows 10 Updates and the expected duration?

1. What is the Sequence for Windows 10 Updates and the expected duration? - Similar Threads - Sequence Updates expected

2. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows 10 update sequence?: What is Windows 10 update sequence? I restarted using a computer that had been idle since 2017. It is at version 1607. Update started a series of updates that included some very recent updates., the last of which failed. It is now trying the 2018-04 update. hopefully it...
  3. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Windows 10 update sequence?: What is Windows 10 update sequence? I restarted using a computer that had been idle since 2017. It is at version 1607. Update started a series of updates that included some very recent updates., the last of which failed. It is now trying the 2018-04 update. hopefully it...
  4. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What to expect from Windows 10 20H2 feature update

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Windows 10 20H2 feature update: Microsoft is rolling out the Windows 10 May 2020 Update on May 28. After May 2020 Update, Microsoft is planning to release another feature update codenamed ’20H2′, which is expected to start rolling out to mainstream in the fall. Windows 10 20H2 update is expected to be a...
  6. Windows Update with Metered Connection - What to Expect

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update with Metered Connection - What to Expect: I have Metered Connection enabled to hopefully get more control over downloads. What changes can I expect with Windows Update? I've seen information that a Download Button might appear but I don't know if that applies to my version of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home,...
  7. Windows Update with Metered Connection - What to Expect

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update with Metered Connection - What to Expect: I have Metered Connection enabled to hopefully get more control over downloads. What changes can I expect with Windows Update? I've seen information that a Download Button might appear but I don't know if that applies to my version of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home,...
  8. What is the best sequence to Reistall Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best sequence to Reistall Windows 10?: Hi there. For the last three months I have had Windows 10 problems, principally that I lost the ‘windows’ button and it’s activities, but also file saving problems. I had purchased a new PC with Windows10 64 bit Home already installed, assuming that all would be 'hunky...
  9. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: What to expect on July 29: With the launch of Windows 10 less than a week away, here’s what you can expect to find when the operating system launches on July 29. It’s not quite as simple as “Windows 10 will be available that day.” Windows Insiders (read: Windows 10 preview testers) will get first...
  10. Microsoft's Windows 10 for IoT: What to expect

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows 10 for IoT: What to expect: During Microsoft's most recent Windows 10 reveal event in Redmond, Microsoft officials held a show and tell for many of the different versions of Windows 10 that the company is building for phones, tablets, PCs, conferencing systems and even holographic goggles. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sequence for windows updates