Windows 10: What is the shortcut for opening Office?

Discus and support What is the shortcut for opening Office? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today my cat hit Windows key and some other keys around it and my PC opened the Microsoft Office instantly. And now i wonder what was that shortcut.. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Takahama, Jul 27, 2020.

1. What is the shortcut for opening Office?

Today my cat hit Windows key and some other keys around it and my PC opened the Microsoft Office instantly. And now i wonder what was that shortcut.. I pressed every button near Windows key(Windows key + other key combination) and i got nothing so far..

submitted by /u/Takahama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Takahama, Jul 27, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 27, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

What is the shortcut for opening Office?

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.What is the shortcut for opening Office? :)

terrace, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

What is the shortcut for opening Office?

1. What is the shortcut for opening Office? - Similar Threads - shortcut opening Office

2. What is the open in new Tab Shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the open in new Tab Shortcut?: Hello, I Hope you can help me with this: recently Microsoft added a new feature to windows explorer, which is the Windows Explorer Tabs, so I tried to search for a shortcut to open any folder/folders I'm selecting in a new Tab on the same windows explorer window, but I...
  3. What is the open in new Tab Shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the open in new Tab Shortcut?: Hello, I Hope you can help me with this: recently Microsoft added a new feature to windows explorer, which is the Windows Explorer Tabs, so I tried to search for a shortcut to open any folder/folders I'm selecting in a new Tab on the same windows explorer window, but I...
  4. Open Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Office: I don't know what happened this morning but all of a sudden, Open Office is was NOT working no matter how I tried to open it. So I used Revo Uninstaller and uninstalled it. What I need to know know is where to download Open Office for Windows 10. I am not sure if it has to be...
  5. office shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    office shortcuts not working: Win Pro 10. Office 13. started out after a Win update. Outlook would not start from task bar. outlook runs ok from win+R but all shortcuts fail to start. no indications in event folder. Been looking at shortcuts but nothing jumps out except the target field shows no path,...
  6. Open Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Office: I stopped using MS Office when they refused me a licence because I had been conned by a 'reputable' company who sold me office and hacked the code. Until MS Office relent - sod off. 156823
  7. Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project: I work on a number of tasks, better described as 'projects' For each of these projects I need to open one or two word documents, one or two spreadsheets, a PowerPoint presentation etc. Each document is in different Folders, however, on the same drive Now, every time I need...
  8. Office 365 or Open Office?

Office 365 or Open Office?: Hi Guys I am slowly converting from my Chromebook to a new new laptop with W10 on it. As I exchange and support someone who is not too PC savvy, I am wondering if I am better sending him files using Open Office or 365 Office. On this new laptop, I inherited the 12 month...
  9. Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing: I wonder if anyone could help with this issue I have been having for many months: I use MS Office on a Windows 10 desktop, have previously used Office 2016 and recently upgraded to Office 2019. I like to set up Shortcut Key sequences to open each piece of software - e.g....
  10. Is there a Substitute for the Office Shortcut Bar?

Is there a Substitute for the Office Shortcut Bar?: Hello ALL: My wife used the Office XP Shortcut bar to keep a quick way to launch software within categories. Is there an equivalent she can use in 64 bit Windows 10 with Office 2016? Her main goal is to have a small group of Icons separated in categories. 73188