Windows 10: What is the significance of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES"?

Discus and support What is the significance of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, few days ago I did a messy update to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, approximately over %95 of the files were recovered however regs became a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Y.Sassy, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Y.Sassy Win User

What is the significance of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES"?

Hello there, few days ago I did a messy update to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, approximately over %95 of the files were recovered however regs became a trouble by themselves, I got my old data and cautiously picked the ones to transfer to the new one. I completed the ones in "HKEY_USERS" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" but when I got to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" I realized I have quite the problem. My old .reg file had thousands more registries in its CLASSES folder than the newer one (the new one has 186032 values and the old one had 243514 to be exact). The program I'm using works a bit strictly, it either changes the whole folder (not the CLASSES folder but the folder under it such as "Illustrator.ExportOptionsGIF.CC", ".mp3", "System.Runtime.InteropServices.SetWin32ContextInIDispatchAttribute") So I'm kind of conflicted on what to do, is these files worth transferring? Is there a program to transfer these better? Could only transferring the non-existent ones be enough? And What is the significance of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES"?

:)

Y.Sassy, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 26, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media) MISSING from Registry

Did you read the article?

It tells you step by step how to create the key.

You must have at least HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform

Don't worry about creating the key for wow643node, that I believe is the wrong error message.

SarahKong, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Curious Win User

Absent HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows

Windows 10 Home, installed as a free update over Windows 7.

When I open the registry,
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search
    is not present.

All that exists is
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\COMMS\
    and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\DM\

What do I need to do to regain
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search ?

Curious, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. What is the significance of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES"? - Similar Threads - significance HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE

2. What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80 -4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80 -4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the...: What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80-4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the registry? When I delete it, it comes back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-computerhkeylocalmachinesoftware1d0ec6de/bb83b0f4-f2b9-4d0a-8185-9cdc12f4008b
  3. What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80 -4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80 -4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the...: What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80-4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the registry? When I delete it, it comes back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-computerhkeylocalmachinesoftware1d0ec6de/bb83b0f4-f2b9-4d0a-8185-9cdc12f4008b
  4. What is Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1D0EC6DE-4A80 -4CC3-A335-E6E41C951198 in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted a registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted a registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...: I was going to fix my wifi problem and I went to delete the registry in this thing. It has three different registries and I could delete two of them, which results in number being reset and the third one, I can't remember the name, has a very complicated value and I deleted...
  6. Deleted a registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted a registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...: I was going to fix my wifi problem and I went to delete the registry in this thing. It has three different registries and I could delete two of them, which results in number being reset and the third one, I can't remember the name, has a very complicated value and I deleted...
  7. Deleted a registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft: Honestly, I mistakenly deleted the following files in windows 10:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicrosoftHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftAfter restarting my laptop, the windows can not run, showing the "Blue Screen".Also, I can not run the windows through "Safe Mode".How can...
  9. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft: Microsoft Folder inside policies is missing Instead are 2 folders COMMS and DM what is that? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hkeylocalmachinesoftwarepoliciesmicrosoft/bc7198bb-d60f-4531-bb28-422f38c84d1f
  10. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE> Wow6432Node Accidentally Deleted...

in Windows 10 Customization
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE> Wow6432Node Accidentally Deleted...: I accidentally deleted my ""HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE < Wow6432Node"" and my computer now doesn't work, what can I do? if you can replay in this thread or send an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it will be great, thanks a lot....