Windows 10: what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram?

Discus and support what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone.I am using Win 11 and I have 16 gb ram. And when I go to task manager > performance tab, it shows i am using ~7gb ram, but when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thai Tu, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Thai Tu Win User

what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram?

Hello everyone.I am using Win 11 and I have 16 gb ram. And when I go to task manager > performance tab, it shows i am using ~7gb ram, but when I go to process tab to show all the applications I am using, I don't think it is using 7 gb ram because the total should be way less than 7gb ram. The most used ram application is Edge, and it uses about 2gb. If I close it, it is still using 5 gb. But when I check the window 11 requirement, they said it only require ~2gb ram to operate. So, what is this mean in my situation? Does 16 gb ram computer use more ram with win 11 or my computer has viruses?

:)

Thai Tu, Mar 21, 2023

2. GPU RAM incorrectly listed in system information.

I have a Nvidia GeForce 1660 with 6GB video RAM. In an Intel i7, Win 11, 16 GB RAM computer, system information lists the video RAM as 1.0 GB. The latest graphics driver specific for Win 11 has been installed. No change. Please advise. Thanks.

markmacfadyen, Mar 21, 2023
  3. ejbpesca Win User
    Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?

Checking the Performance of my 64 bit laptop with 16 gb of RAM through Task Manager, I watched the memory being used as I opened 8 tabs with various sites and files from my SSD. I could not get the RAM in use to go over 6.5 gb. Would this be an indication that for my use, I only need 8 gb of RAM, not 16? Is there a way to make use of my nearly 10 extra gb of RAM that evidently is not used or should I save some money by next time buying an 8 gb RAM computer.

ejbpesca, Mar 21, 2023
  4. what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram?

Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram?

1. what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram? - Similar Threads - standard ram usage

2. what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the standard ram usage of win 11 if I have 16 gb ram?: Hello everyone.I am using Win 11 and I have 16 gb ram. And when I go to task manager > performance tab, it shows i am using ~7gb ram, but when I go to process tab to show all the applications I am using, I don't think it is using 7 gb ram because the total should be way less...
  3. Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?: Checking the Performance of my 64 bit laptop with 16 gb of RAM through Task Manager, I watched the memory being used as I opened 8 tabs with various sites and files from my SSD. I could not get the RAM in use to go over 6.5 gb. Would this be an indication that for my use, I...
  4. Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?: Checking the Performance of my 64 bit laptop with 16 gb of RAM through Task Manager, I watched the memory being used as I opened 8 tabs with various sites and files from my SSD. I could not get the RAM in use to go over 6.5 gb. Would this be an indication that for my use, I...
  5. Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb: I had 8gb of RAM and decided to get another 8gb of RAM. After the installation I went on task manager > processes and it says I have 16 gb of memory, but below that it says memory usage 7.9 gb. Also at the bottom it says hardware reserved 8.1 gb and in all my games its says I...
  7. I have 16 GB of RAM but only 6.94 GB usable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have 16 GB of RAM but only 6.94 GB usable?: I had a look at my system information and I noticed that I only have 6.94 GB usable RAM but 16 GB is installed. I recently decided to overclock my PC from 3.70 GHz to 4.19 GHz, I thought that was the issue, but I'm not sure why I thought overclocking would affect usable RAM....
  8. 16 GB RAM Installed 15,9 GB Usabble

16 GB RAM Installed 15,9 GB Usabble: I bought a new desktop computer with an i7 4790 and 16 BG RAM, but the computer itself uses just 15,9 gb ram. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-ram-installed-159-gb-usabble/ba15b38a-8903-479e-bcf0-d5b0ead7f442
  9. My 16 GB Hynix RAM showing as a 48GB RAM

My 16 GB Hynix RAM showing as a 48GB RAM: Hi, I am useing 16GB HP SK hynix ram as mentioned a sticker on the ram, But when I checked in my computer it shows like 48 GB. May I know why it is happening. Tahnk you....
  10. 16 gb ram but only 6.94 usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    16 gb ram but only 6.94 usable: AMD A6 7400K Radeon R5. 6 Compute Cores 2C + 4G 3.50ghz 64bit. Windows 10 How do I get the rest of my memory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-ram-but-only-694-usable/c756259f-4e71-46e9-a112-90953528e7df